1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
That's a pretty house! Just make sure you have a home inspector look it over real good, those old houses can hide a multitude of problems sometimes (voice of experience here, lol, we owned a 1900 victorian). Hope you all are able to get it if this is the one you really want!!!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
It's beautiful! :) I was hoping you would post a pic. It's such a good deal,too. Around here, a house like that would sell for around $150,000, I would guess.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We plan on having it inspected...It's 98 yrs old and I would feel much better having it inspected!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Great House Graci! I hope you get it.:)

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
???

very pretty.....where is lisbon, ohio??:)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
very pretty home!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
What a beautiful house Graci, I hope it works out for you !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
:eek: This is SOOOOO Beautiful!

I said to my DH - Look quick these people are so rich LOL - So he worked out the price in pounds/sterling (he's bright like that) and then took over my PC for half an hour looking at other houses on the web site!!!!!!!

I might get to come round for tea yet ROFL.

That house is SO gorgeous! - Apparently that veranda bit on the front is common in your houses??? (So HE tells me) That is fairy story stuff to me! Somewhere to put your rocking chair - I've only seen houses like that on TV.

You are SO, SO Lucky! I do hope that you get it :hugz:

·
27,948 Posts
Yep, I can just see you sitting on that porch Graci!:)

I love porches. I'd be either sitting on a swing or rocker or at the top of the stairs with my back againtst a pillar...barefoot of course. I miss having one.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
I love that wrap around porch. :)

Good luck, I hope you get it! :smball:

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
What a beautiful house!!!!It really is asteal at that price!!!!....What part of Ohio is Lisbon?....I grew up in the Masury/ Brookfield area and my mom and sisters and brother still live there!!!!!:cool:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Very nice house..I love old houses ..mine was built in the 1920's..definitely get a inspection by someone with lots of experience in historical houses...i would say that house would sell for abot 175,00 in my neighborhood..great deal..

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Oooh Graci, lovely home, but then I'm partial to Victorian homes. Thats what mine is.

I agree with those that said get a home inspection done, it is well worth it!!!!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DH wants to screen the porch in...That porch is one reason why I love it, too! The living room is 15x25 and I'd say the ceiling is 15 ft . If my dd wanted to get married in the living room, she could!

The attic is to die for!! I plan on making it into my sewing/crafting room.

I've always loved victorian houses...the only thing that would make it perfect would be a turret! Can't have everything! But I will be quite content with this!

It's not my DH's dream house but it's damned close to mine :D !

Oh, and Lisbon is about 25 minutes south of Youngstown.

Bev,

Victorian homes are pretty common in our area. The village is 200 yrs old and many of the homes were built at the turn of the 19th century. A lot of people are buying and restoring these houses which makes me happy. I hate seeing history ripped up or torn down!

·
Registered
601 Posts
wow, what a beatiful house....... i would love to have that

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Raising you and your want to be house up in prayer Graci.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I love it Graci. I love older houses such as that one. I want your porch.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts