Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, Diva and I spent a night away at the Candlewood Suites for some much needed time together, a few tears, a lot of laughs and even some green facial cream!

The total for the room I booked (but did not stay in because they upgraded us for free) came to a tax-included total of $78.

I made all the food there in the room, she had cheesy burgers and I had some ratatouille I took from home for dinner. For drinks we had coffee (well, I did), iced tea, a quart of milk and even a bottle of soda! Breakfast was a cheese omelette, sausage patties and potato wedges.

Other than the milk, the only thing I bought special was a small chocolate cake (2.50) that I had the bakery write 'Chicken Little' on (her nickname from me).

The hotel had dvd's available for free rental. They weren't the most current, but hey - it was free.

I normally don't post pics of Diva on here, but you can't really see her face, so I made an exception...

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
What a pretty room, it doesn't look like a hotel, more like a private apartment.

The goodie basket is adorable.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
How nice, love the cute goodie basket. She will have such sweet memories of the time spent with you.

·
27,948 Posts
VIP basket sends this over the top.High five to all!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Sounds like that the both of you had a special time together. Hold on to the memory because one day she will be grown and gone doing her own things in life. Then you will be wondering what happened.

Glad you both enjoyed the time together.

·
4,028 Posts
I love rooms that have the kitchenette. And one that comes with chocolates is even better!

I'm sure she'll be telling her friends all about it for quite a while. :)

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
That sounds like you had a really great time! How nice that the two of you could get away like that.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
That was a cool room and I bet a nice getaway.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Sounds like that the both of you had a special time together. Hold on to the memory because one day she will be grown and gone doing her own things in life. Then you will be wondering what happened.

Glad you both enjoyed the time together.
Isn't that the truth!!! Every minute that you spend now is a minute well spent!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts