Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my before hair color ~
(I cropped the pics so you'll be seeing the top of my head)

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's after

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
k here is some more
this one is a before

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and this is after

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
silly me, i should mention that I used loreal colour experte 5.0

and there was not enough for my whole head as I mentioned on the other thread :(

I can't wait to get it fixed, i want it to look like jennifer anistons did on that oprah show (WHICH by the way was NOT shown on my station due to BASKETBALL i was boo hooing all that evening!):toothy:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Heather, I'm no haircolor expert, as I don't color my hair, but looking from your after picture, I find your hair looks great! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aww thanks simplemom! :)
Now if I had a picture of the back of my hair :eek:, that's the part I'm most unhappy with...but I'm hoping maybe some 'sun- in' might even that out a little. Or I'll just wait to get it fixed in a salon.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I think it looks good from what I can see in the pictures. :)

Heather, have you ever used Sun-in? I think it turns hair to orange-y. I would get it fixed in a salon. Nothing like trying to fix something that wasn't bad or that bad to begin with, and ending up with a HUGE mess. And speaking from the cost-side of things, the bigger the problem, the more it costs to fix, not only in money but in time as well.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Heather,
I think it looks good also. I got a free Colour Experte 6.0 in the mail and am debating on whether to do it or not. I usually get mine colored in a salon and its a whole head one color kind of thing. I think I would like the highlights, but I do have kinda long hair and wonder if it would be enough. I will have to ponder this one some more....... Your picture is lovely by the way.
pat

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Michelle, I have used sun in before, and I think it was either dirty dishwater blonde or a strawberry blonde that I ended up with. My dh swears I was an actual blonde when he met me(when I had done the sun-in) but I am not too sure about that. it's one of those endless battles we debate about in our marriage ;)

But when I did a home kit for making my hair blonde, OUCH that was the worst orange I have ever seen, and I did pay a lot in the long run to fix it and even that didn't make it too much better.

I just need to get over the sticker shock and go do it the right way this summer :)

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I just thought of something else...I think it's easier to do the highlighting with the cap and pulling through strands....of course you'd need some help with that :) but the results are more precise and not as 'chunky'.

good luck :)

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I think it looks pretty cool.

I colour my own hair ALL the time and it goes wrong often - I always pretend it was 'meant' to look that way - or if it's really bad I colour it again!! I'm surprised I've got any left - and I used to be a hairdresser, I should really know better!!! LMAO!

Oh well you only live once and hey it's only hair LOL

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I love the way it looks !!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Heather, I think it turned out great. I love it! You did good, kiddo!

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
aww shucks thanks everyone!!!

Pat, I would probably stick to the salon, there just wasn't enough dye for long hair. I wish I had a pic of the back of it to show you what I mean. I'm wearing my hair up in sort of a french twist to cover it for now. Oh, but when I curl my hair, it actually looks a lot better in the back:)

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
I really like it Heather, I do! I think it looks so good on you, oh and by the way........you are a beautiful lady!!:smball:

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I think it looks great!!! :D

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I think it looks really pretty! there are alot of women who only highlight around their faces!:D

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I think you did a good job for having to try doing it by yourself. I haven't checked this particular product out yet to see what they have in the box, but I bet I could figure it out since I was in hairdresser school for 2 years. I would guess they put a cream bleach developer in there with a tint, much like the regular hair dying kits.

Don't be so hard on yourself, I am sure it doesn't look as bad as you are imagining.

You have very nice hair, btw. :smball:

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
As a hairdresser I have to say you did pretty good for your first time.That was my biggest fear was highlighting and now I love it.I used to do my own all the time.Does the back look like a cheetah?Here's some tips.

1.If you use the cap remember if it doesn't hurt when you pull it threw the cap your not doing it right.
2.have someone else paint the bleach on your hair(yes it is bleach not dye,dye adds color which wont lighten your hair)
Also have them paint top to bottom
3.go to Sally's and get the Kalidecolors in blue.Peroxide in 20 volume and mix until its a lil thicker than cake batter.After pulling your desired amount(thcker for chunckier highlights and thinner for suttle)Paint on the hair with a hightlighting brush.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts