Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
What a neat idea for DS to do some of his Chinese writings on.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Those are great ! Thanks Sara !!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Very cool!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Ok ~ I know I'm dim to say the least, but I'm stuck at the tape bit??? Can anyone explain it to me?

I read it as cover the glass in tape (which would mean you couldn't see the picture LMAO!!! Double DUH!)

I can see it's round the edges which obviously holds it together but 'how' do you get it just round the edges?

Your all ROFLYAO now aren't you? LOL

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Bev I have copper tape, and it isn't but 1/4 inch wide.... what is that ...about 1/2 cm? I have done pressed flowers between glass like this. the object is to center the thin pieces of glass along the sticky side of the tape, it leaves a very thin margin on either side which is folded up onto the front and back of the glass as evenly as possible. Is that what you were asking about??

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I thought you were going to say that and my childish side was hoping you wouldn't LOL.

I WANT one of these (there's no stamping feet smilie? LOL)

The tape bit is really hard isn't it? I'm going to have it everywhere and not be able to fold it round the corners etc and I'm going to :pdoff:

Not that I'm pessimistic you understand ROFL.

Melissa ~ I WANT ONE ~ I WANT ONE!!! LOL. Come and do the tape for me ~ Pleassseeeeeeeee :D

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Bev, I know you can do it! It was a pain in the you know what for me to find the glass, because i was looking for cheap, cheap, cheap. in the end i bought microscope slides and i broke quite a few. Then I thought of going to a glass and window repair place and asking to buy their scrap pieces cut to size. and they agreed. It was quite some time ago, +/- 3 yrs. Then it took practice to get the tape on it the right way, but the good things was that the tape peels off pretty easy to reposition it as needed. Once I had it in place correctly, I used an old credit card to smooth the tape onto the glass edges.

I know you can do it. If I can, anyone can!!!:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts