Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We spent Friday evening and Saturday working on gathering more hay for the goats this winter. I don't know how those pioneer women survived. I am afraid of heights and SO had to raise me in the bucket of the tractor to pull the tarp over the top of the hay stack. :eek: I am not able to drive the tractor (something about the brakes and it doesn't want to stop for me). Man am I learning a lot about overcoming your fears!! Every part of my body ached like crazy by Saturday night. It rained Sunday, so that's the end of the hay for now. Once it grows again, I think SO is planning on trying to gather more. I am trying to attach pictures of the hay.

pat

·
27,948 Posts
You know how to have fun Pat!Nice to see you and if you have to work that beautiful countryside is the place to do it. Rest up!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Wow Pat, you guys did a lot of work! :thumb:

Your goats are going to be so thankful this winter. :D

Nice to see your smiling face! :)

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I wish the pictures were a lot clearer but we just can't seem to get the hang of that camera. We will just have to practice some more.

pat

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Good for you Pat! That was a big haystack. I would be hurting too if I had to load and then unload all of that hay with a pitchfork. You look like you are having fun with the smile on your face. Your goats will love you come winter!

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Great work Pat!! You sure must have been tired!! We are starting to bale hay tomorrow, we'll be doing the small square bales and some large round bales.......thank goodness for two strapping boys, Mom won't have to do too much!! I remember all too well what it is like.......the sore red arms after doing load after load of hay and you can never seem to get it out of your hair!!:D

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Wow, that is a lot of work. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. I bet your goats will enjoy that hay this winter.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Great view Pat... It's so nice to see you !!!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts