Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pineapple Cobbler

Recipe Description
A quick and easy recipe to throw in the oven when you find out company is stopping by later... makes the house smell sooooo good.​
Preparation Steps:
Level of Difficulty:
Very Easy -- the hardest part is opening the cans of pineapple​
Time Needed:
60 minutes, including prep.​
Ingredients:
Pineapple Cobbler (Original Recipe)

1 can (20 oz) pineapple chunks
1 box yellow cake mix
2 cups diet cola​
Serves:
Directions:
Drain can of pineapple (reserve juice for drinking later). Pour chunks into 9x13 pan. Sprinkle DRY cake mix over pineapple. Pour cola over all. Bake at 350F for 45-50 minutes. Cool and serve with ice cream or whipped topping.

My changes:

I used 1 can chunks, drained and 1 can crushed, fruit and juice (I wanted more fruit). I think next time I will make it with 2 cans crushed pineapple, slightly drained. I think you could use any fruit such as fruit cocktail, pears, peaches, etc. (you might want to cut the peaches and pears into small chunks like the fruit cocktail).
I used a butter cake mix, but I can't see why you couldn't use a white cake or maybe even a lemon or orange cake.
I used cheap diet cola (store brand), but I think you could use Mt. Dew, lemon-lime or orange soda too, or a mixture. I don't think it would even have to be diet soda.

I couldn't wait till it was cool. I ate it warm with ice cream. The topping was nice and crunchy. It is really sweet though, but it cured my sweet tooth... for now anyway.
I did notice that you need to make sure all of cake mix has cola on it or the cobbler has dry cake mix on top of it. It's good anyway -- LOL !!​

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Can't wait to try this one. I have about 8 cans of diet coke in the refrig nd I don't drink the stuff. It was left in the group cooler after our last garden party. Now I can use it up.

Thanks

Laurie in Bradenton

1 - 5 of 5 Posts