Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pineapple-Coconut Bars

Recipe Description
If you love pina coladas, you will love, love, LOVE this cookie!!! Just a hint of almond, and add pineapple and coconut to suit your own taste!​
Preparation Steps:
Drain pineapple
Set butter out to soften at room temp​
Level of Difficulty:
Easy​
Time Needed:
Approx 1/2 hour + 1/2 hour baking​
Ingredients:
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
1/4 t. almond extract
3/4 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
3/4 c. sweetened flaked coconut
8 oz crushed pineapple, drained well*

*I used a large can of crushed pineapple, approx 20 oz., pressed in a sieve to remove as much juice as possible. It increased baking time to almost double, but came out deliciously moist and tasty!​
Serves:
Approx 2 dozen​
Directions:
In large bowl, cream butter and sugar until creamy; beat in eggs and almond extract. In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, blending well. Stir in coconut and pineapple.

Spread mixture evenly in a greased and floured 9" square baking pan. Bake at 350F for 25-30 min, or until top springs back when lightly touched.

Cool in pan on a rack, then cut into bars.​

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Yum--I love almond in anything :lip:

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
hmm sound so good. i gotta save this recipe

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
This sounds amazing. I love pineapple and my husband loves coconut. I can't wait to try this. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
OH My Goodness these look so awesome, I adore pina coladas, I'm sure my hips are going to adore these bars!!! Gonna make them tonight for sure! Thank you!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
This are wonderful, the whole family loves them. I doubled it, but only used the 20 oz. pineapple, omg, they are almost gone already!

Will make these again and real soon!

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for reporting back, pinetree!! Mine disappeared quickly, as well, but I have only myself to blame. :)

I'll have to try it doubled and see how that changes the texture. I made cast iron skillet pineapple upside down cake yesterday, apparently on some sort of pineapple kick, but it just so happens that I still have one can of crushed pineapple left in the cupboard! I normally don't have any, but I found the 20 oz cans on sale a few months back, so I stocked up.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I can't wait to try these! I LOVE coconut and my DH hates it so I'll have them all to myself! :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ooh, thanks for this! I shall be making this on Friday and can't wait to try them!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts