Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pineapple Delight

Recipe Description
Very good summer recipe or for a special gathering. Rich but oh so good!​
Preparation Steps:
Need a 9 x 13 pan.
I have tried it in the 8 1/2 x 11 and it is dangerously full. Have also used one of the deeper boughten 'tin' ones with a lid, this works, but transport carefully with hand under it.​
Level of Difficulty:
Easy​
Time Needed:
Ingredients:
Ingredients:

1 box Vanilla Wafers
2 Pkg. Cream Cheese (8 oz)
2 sticks margarine or butter
1 can crushed pineapple (20 oz)
1 cup granulated sugar
3 - 5 bananas
1 Tub whipped topping (vanilla flavored is even better)​
Serves:
9 x 13 pan​
Directions:
PINEAPPLE DELIGHT
Crush wafers - (use rolling pin or food processor). Place in a 9 x 13 pan.
Melt one stick or marg./butter and pour over wafers. Mix to moisten and
press to bottom of pan to form crust.

Melt in saucepan: 1 stick marg./butter and 2 pkg. of cream cheese.
When melted, add 1 cup sugar and mix thoroughly.

Pour crm. cheese mixture over crust. Refrigerate until firm. (or overnight)

Slice up bananas (lengthwise works better for cutting dessert later) and completely cover cream cheese layer.
Completely drain crushed pineapple but do not 'mash hard' to get juice out. (this keeps the crust from getting soggy) Sprinkle pineapple over banana layer. Spread cool whip over top.

Keep refrigerated. (having the pineapple on top of the bananas help to keep them from turning color.)
If you are lucky to have any left this will keep well for three to four days.​

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
This sounds delish. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ooh, this sounds delicious!!
You said you were waiting so thought I had best get it done.

It is one of my favorites at any time of year. I would have some made right now but I don't have room in my refrig. for it.

I have tried the Keebler Pecan Sandies cookies for the crust. It was good but took more butter to get them to hold together.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
I will definitely have to add a few items to my next big shopping trip and give it a try! Does it have to be eaten right away, or is it freezable? Unfortunately, everyone I know is trying to lose weight, so I'd hate to make a whole 9x13 dish of the stuff, only to have to toss 80% of it a few days later. :(

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would bet that it ISN'T freezeable due to the crm. cheese in it. Don't think I would try it but any I have made never made it past the refer. (I did have some in the refer for close to a week.......the 'nanas were starting to turn a little dark but I ate it!

Wish I could figure a way to 'half' the recipe.........any ideas? It is just soooooooo good.......but I am a 'rich food' eater and it is rich. Not really super sweet.........just rich! I am going to HALF it....maybe this week.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
YUM! YUM! YUM!

UM...did I say YUM! yet? ;)

I'll have to keep this in mind for something 'fun' during the summer.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Please post the recipe for half,,i like any dessert with pine apple in it but for just one person that would be to much.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please post the recipe for half,,i like any dessert with pine apple in it but for just one person that would be to much.
Know what you mean about it being too much for one.......I love baking but am in the same boat!

Piney, I did make a half recipe......but just cut everything in half. IE: 1/2 cube butter and 1 cube crm. cheese............it was okay but just didn't taste 'quite as good'.......not sure what was missing and what I should have left in.

I would do it again if I was really craving this recipe and had no one lined up to give to....but would rather have someone that would take some and make the whole thing. IT IS SOOOOOOOO GOOD!!

I think I would make it as stated the first time.......line some friends up to take some........trust me, it will go fast!

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Thanks frugalfanny,will have make it some time when i am having people over for lunch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts