Frugal Village Forums banner

PINK and other colors

Tags
colors pink
3K views 44 replies 40 participants last post by  Michelle 
#1 ·
Here in Finland atleast nine women out of ten hate the color pink.
I don´t know why, maybe it is too feminine or something. I really like bubblegum pink. When my DS was a baby, he had some pink clothes, even some outware. When he went to school, he wanted a pink rucksack. I didn´t have the guts to buy him one and bought bright red instead. His next bag was purple and the next was orange. He is seventeen now and still likes colors.
What do you think of pink?

#3 ·
I love pink! Growing up, I was NOT the girlie girl type. My mom never put me in dresses and I never had pink. So once I got into my 20's, I started wearing a whole lot more pink. I love it.

My DS7 had a pink blankie when he was younger. He loved the color until he was old enough to realize that it wasn't a "boys" color. He got teased by some of the nieghbors (adults, mind you...not neighbor kids) and that was the end of the pink blankie!

#6 ·
It's not my favorite color but I don't hate it. I have a few pink tops. I don't wear it much because I have ruddy skin tone and sometimes it just doesn't look good on me. I have one room in my house with pink accents. Orange is a color I don't wear or decorate with, dark purple and navy blue are next to the bottom of the color favorites list.

#8 ·
I like purple better then pink. I think I only have one piece of clothing that is pink. My 14 yr old dd shocked me, we are letting the kids paint their bedrooms this summer, and we did hers last weekend. She chose bubble gum pink for the walls, bought herself a green bedset and is now looking for an orange curtain. One wall she left white and splatter painted with pink, green and orange. I was leary about letting her do it, but gotta admit I kind of like it.

#9 ·
I like all colors, I can find somethng pretty in every one of them. I think my fav is blue (I have a LOT of blue stuff!!), but I have a couple of pink shirts and tops. I like to break up the monotony.

My boys wouldn't touch pink. They must have been teased early on.

Momto2boyz--that sucks that adults would tease a little guy like that. Bu++holes. Tsk.

#10 ·
Love pink!! Very much a girly girl. My daughter wears pink all the time however my son doesn't. I wouldn't dress a boy in pink at all but maybe that's just me.

#12 ·
So NOT a girly girl here, either!! However, I love bright pink, purple, lime green, orange, yellow, "robin-egg blue".....all those fun colours. In fact, I've asked hubby to paint my scrapbook room for my birhtday. I want each wall a diff colour. Robiin egg blue, orange, lime green, and bright yellow.
It's funny, most of my home is very "earthy" colour, but something inside of me screams P-I-N-K!!

#15 ·
I think I have 1 pink shirt, DD has a few of them... we wear them because they are there but we don't go hamper diving to make sure they get in the next wash :lol:

I think pink is a beautiful color, just not one that works well in my little world. We have comforters that have pink in it, not as the main color. I also painted 2 of DD's walls an icy pink to contrast 2 deep burgundy walls. It doesn't -look- pink, but DD knows it is, and she keeps trying to hang posters on those 2 walls :lol:

I have never seen the Old Man in anything pink... at all... ever.

#18 ·
Pink is okay, but I prefer a more of a rose color. Red is actually my favorite color. Some pinks are just a little too pale for my taste.

--Michelle

#19 ·
My oldest nephew loved pink. he was nicknamed Pinky from my mom.
She called hi that til the day she died. Propably calling him that in Heaven also.
I like pink, DS's GF hates pink.
My neices step mother always dressed her in pink and she had bright red hair. she hates pink now.

#22 ·
I prefer neutral colors. But I do have a few pink tops that I like. DD on the other hand loves pink.

#25 ·
Not too much of a pink fan here. Can take it or leave it, but won't go looking for anything in it. My DS (11) has a pink shirt he likes that says "Tougher than you!" on it LOL.

I like earth tones the best, really into chocolate brown right now.

#26 ·
My MIL's favorite color is pale pink--like the color of pink peonies. And she's an ultra girlie girl. Loves fem stuff, wanted little girls.

She had 5 boys. No girls. (Actually she had 7 boys, one stillborn and 1 premie that died.)

I gave her her first grandchildren--2 boys. :duck:

She reeeeeaaalllllllyyy dotes on her granddaughters now. They are all decked out in pink as much as she can get them to. :pinkhat::hearts::angel::cutie::bunny::tedpink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.