Pizza Pot Pies

Recipe Description
A Family Favorite! Friday Night is Pizza Night!​
Preparation Steps:
Level of Difficulty:
Medium​
Time Needed:
Ingredients:
1 pound of pizza dough (homemade or bought)

Mozzarella, Munster cheese slices

Meatballs (cooked) or whole mushroom

Spaghetti sauce

Olive oil​
Serves:
Directions:
1. Brush the inside of a small bowl with olive oil, make sure the bowl is safe to use in the oven

2. Line the bowl with cheese slices

3. Add meatballs or mushrooms

4. Top with sauce

5. Roll out dough to fit bowl, about ½ inch thickness

6. Cover the bowl

7. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown

8. Remove from oven (optional: brush with melted butter)

9. Let rest for about 5 minutes, then invert onto a plate and with a spoon remove the bowl

10.Enjoy!​

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Two crusts might fill my boys up. Maybe I'll make one to go with our regular pizza tonight!

·
Registered
154 Posts
mmmm, this looks really good. Friday night is pizza night for us as well. I am definately going to have to try this. Thanks for posting it.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
What a neat idea. Might encourage me to start making homemade pizza again. I've been horrible about it lately.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I really like this idea! I might try this tonight or tomorrow. Believe it or not, I have one child that doesn't like pizza, but she loves meatballs and pot pies. I never thought of combining them.

Thank you!

·
27,948 Posts
Look at that swirling cheesy goodness!:tay:

·
4,028 Posts
What a great way to serve pizza!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
A variation of this we love at our house:

-mushrooms, chopped green pepper+chopped onion,pepperoni- heat all till soft-ish in frying pan with evoo...mix 1 can of tomato soup, italian seasonings to taste, put MOST in mix, reserve some for top

-Put into casserole dish, top with those pre-packaged easy mix pizza dough (we use the one in a bag that comes for about .69, I think it's Betty Crocker?), smooth leftover 'sauce' on it, sprinkle with cheese, cook at 350/375 til crust is cooked through

1 - 11 of 11 Posts