Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are pictures of the steps I use to sew a placket zipper.

Picture 1 is basic zipper, any length, any material and fabric

Sew the seam to the bottom of the zipper, end sewing by backtacking, break thread and then baste the rest of the seam for the zipper.

Picture 2: Open the fabric, finger press the seam and lay the zipper face done upon the seam.

Picture 3: flip the zipper over and fold over a small edge of the seam allowance nearest the seam.

Picture 4: sew along this seam using a zipper foot all the way to the bottom of the zipper.

Picture 5: what the zipper looks like when finished sewing this first seam.

Picture 6: sewing on the right side of the fabric now at the bottom of the zipper - using your fingers to guide your sewing, backtack and then sew forward one or two stitches beyond the teeth of the zipper.

Picture 7: again using your fingers to guide your sewing, sew up to the top of your fabric being careful not to sew too close to the zipper teeth.

Pictures 8 and 9: Inside view of finished zipper application. Take out the basting thread.

That's it!! Sew easy - looks great!!

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. This is the first time I have done a visual and written description of this process and I really want to make sure it's clear for everyone!!

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Placket Zipper Tutorial ****EASY!!

Here it is - easy directions and pictures to create your own placket zipper each and every time!!:teddy2:

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
MM, I'm not seeing the directions and pictures - am i overlooking something?

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Thanks very much, MM! Very easy to follow - I'm sure I'll be referring back to this tutorial often :)

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now I have to go look and see what I've done. Really want you all to have easy access to this!!

·
8,714 Posts
~Yesterday I finally got the chance to try this method. It's fabulous! One of the prettiest zippers I've ever done.
Thanks for the tutorial M!~

1 - 9 of 9 Posts