Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello
I'm currently planning my soon to be wedding on Sept.
I still need to find a dress, shoe, arrange some documents.
will keep you updated on everything. this thread will be my wedding diary.
Anyways, I plan to have a small intimate family only wedding, with church ceremony in the morning and a nice dinner in the evening.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
Don't overthink it. Keep it simple, and good luck dodging the blitz of commercial wedding products everyone thinks you "must" have.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
country housewife,
thank you for the advice. Indeed there are too many wedding products on magazines with "must have" labels tagged on. They make me nervous sometimes.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Congratulations. Lots to think about. I agree with Contrary housewife. Keeping it simple is best by trying not to fall into those outrageous must have traps that are put out there. Enjoy the process and have a wonderful day. It will be here before you know it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
today i buy a good body lotion & scrub to achieve good skin for my wedding
it's a lot cheaper than buying "wedding preparation beauty packages" at salons

·
Super Moderator
2,000 Posts
when looking for a dress, look beyond the "bridal" stores. My stepdaughter got married in a lovely tea-length dress in pale beige, spaghetti strap underneath and a sheer "over" dress, if I am describing it right.(2 pieces)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I'm also getting married in September! We're eloping to Gibraltar, then having a small reception in England a month later for my fiance's family. I'm going the non-traditional route for my dress... a rewearable Gucci is selling for a lot less than a traditional wedding dress, so I'm leaning toward a classic designer dress that I can rewear.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
josantoro
thanks for the wonderful tip

the muse
congratulations! we both will wed in september! fill me with the updates :)
I'm glad you found the perfect dress

i'm a bit upset that my fiancee expects me to organize everything
To find the perfect venue, address the details etc while I also work a hectic job
I'm stressed out and I need a vacation after this vacation
but I have to press on and keep doing my best

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
update on my preparation :

i picked a beach view restaurant for the wedding reception dinner. Turned out, it's about 1 hour driving from our hotel.
My SO suggested other alternatives. I want beach view though.
option 2 : another beach view restaurant 30 minutes driving from hotel
option 3 : hotel rooftop restaurant with garden view (no beach) no need to commute, just walk upstairs.

ideas please

1 - 11 of 11 Posts