Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's everyone (well, almost everyone) doing for Independence Day?

We're going camping on the river. We were going to camp up in Boone, but the van is using LOTS of oil and dh hasn't had time to diagnose and fix it yet.

I just realized if I pack the camera I can take you all along with!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
We are having a picnic and watching fireworks with my best friend. It's gotten to be a tradition !!!!!!!
Happy and safe celebration to you all !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Not to sure yet. Probably hang out here at the house and then go on post and watch the fireworks at night. We were supposed to BBQ (cook out) with friends, but all our husbands had to leave earlier than planned!

Please take your camera! We would love to see. :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
We are staying home. I like to leave the nuts plenty of road space! We seem to have a great amount of them here-any excuse to drink and drive!!!!!:mad: We will grill out and enjoy this time with our family and neighbors. Set of a few fireworks(more for the BIG KIDS than the younger ones) and just remember what the celebration is for.HMMMMM good learning subject for the younger kids.......:D

·
27,948 Posts
We are staying home, just the 4 of us. After dinner Dd will be going off to watch some fireworks with her boyfriend.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
We'll be staying home and getting some things done around the house and grilling out. We will able to see the fireworks at the race track from our front porch!

Have fun everyone! :)

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
The baby and I are going to my parents' for a parade (the route is just down the alley from their house!) and cookout. DH has to work.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
We are going to the fair with our neighbor and her sister/mom/husband...It won't be a frugal day but at least I'll FINALLY get to say I went to our fair :D I've wanted to go since we moved here which was about 4 years ago!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
im going to my girlfriends mothers house for a cook out and will try to talk them into going to the fireworks a few towns over..

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Scratch the grilling out. It was 90* in the shade at 11am with 75% humidity! :yikes:

Too hot for me!

So I made chicken salad (used up the chicken I cooked the other day) deviled eggs, sliced cukes and tomatoes and watermelon. That will do just fine on this very :sun: 4th!! :D

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
We are going to MIL/FIL's house and are having a cookout tonight. There should be about 25-30 people there. We are all pitching in for fireworks and should have a spectacular show.

Have a great 4th everyone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts