Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen Blythe Danner lately? She doesn't even look like herself. All of the life and loveliness in her aging face is gone. Everything that made her HER.

Why can't these women see how beautiful they look with all of the happiness and sorrows of a life well lived...on their aging faces?

If Helen Mirren has a facelift, I'm going to freaking give up. She's my homegal.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
I like Helen too.........she is so neat.

I agree.........I look at some of them and think :yikes:
WHAT???? :ack:

Especially the ones that are going for the FISH LIPS..........holy crap.........do they all have to try to look like Jolee? (whom I also like..........but she was BORN with hers so when she goes to "plump them" it won't look so unnatural!!)

Cher and Marie Osmond should be WORRIED in a serious wind...........if their lips ever get to flapping!!! :thud:
They could be beat to death before anyone could save them!!!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they ended up looking like they did when they were younger, I guess I would understand it more. (no I wouldn't, I don't understand people wanting to fight the normal progression of things, LOL!) But they don't....they look like someone else, entirely! And they look----odd. Plastic really is a good word for it.

And those lips! Why make them bigger than they were when you were young? And they can't move them to speak! It's like a bad joke.

·
8,714 Posts
~It makes me scratch my head too but they are in a business and social sphere where that is normal. The majority of her friends have probably had work done and the way it looks has been normalized to her. Those of us who aren't daily surrounded by fish lip people don't agree.
Reminds me of the tattoo crowd phenomenon. The more people you hang out with that have a bunch of tattoos, the better they will look to you and the more likely you will be to get more.~

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess my question, then, would be......who's going to play the older women character roles in movies/TV when there are no women who actually LOOK older? LOL!

It's really too bad that the women who DON'T get surgery aren't the ones who set the standard. I think these people look absolutely ridiculous.

Another one I'm reminded of lately is Darryl Hannah. OMG, she looks bizarre!! Not beautiful, not young....just bizarre! Don't they realize how awful this makes them look? Like aliens, or something.

I don't get it.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
There's a lot of vanity in Hollywood. But I think the absolute worst plastic surgery nutcase is Joan Rivers. Yikes! She freaks me out every time I see her.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Before...:):tom::pony::cutie::D:queen2:

After...:puck::clown2::vamp::galien:

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Maybe they are worried if they don't do anything people will say "Did you see how old __________" looks. Why can't we just be allowed to age? It happens to all of us.

Reactions: cab54

·
Registered
157 Posts
Several of them look like clowns (probably too much makeup in addition to the bad work) but Dolly Parton really does look like a drag queen. I hate to say it but she really does.

Darryl Hannah has the trout look (I think that's what they call it when the eyes go way up bc too much face lift--Joan Rivers has that too.)

Blythe Danner looks bad but not as bad as the others. Marie looks like she's mainlining botox.

Those snide remarks aside, I do think there's a place for a face lift when a woman's old enough that she's really sagging. I would love to have one when I'm older--provided the doctor just takes 10 years off, doesn't try to make me look like another species. I think these women have just been way too aggressive with the number of surgeries and the aggressiveness of the surgeon when the procedure is done. Subtlety can't be overstated.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
I guess my question, then, would be......who's going to play the older women character roles in movies/TV when there are no women who actually LOOK older?
Glenn Close and Meryl Streep..............the TRUE TALENT anyway!!!

I am keeping my eye on Diane Sawyer..............the news world is almost as bad..............can remember about the time B. Walters did her first "face thing"..............

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
It's like Lady Gaga said:

My mother told me when I was younger that plastic surgery doesn't make you look any better... it just looks like you had work done.

I don't know if I could ever do anything unnatural to my face. It's bad enough that I get people mistaking me for someone way younger now. All of the women in my family do not age gracefully, but I'm hoping I'm the exception.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glenn Close and Meryl Streep..............the TRUE TALENT anyway!!!

I am keeping my eye on Diane Sawyer..............the news world is almost as bad..............can remember about the time B. Walters did her first "face thing"..............
Yes, and Helen Mirren, some more of the true talent. And Kathy Bates.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Yes, and Helen Mirren, some more of the true talent. And Kathy Bates.
Yep.........agreed!

Hey........does anyone know of any MEN that have OBVIOUSLY had anything done???

Just curious...........this is excluding the 'hair thing'.......I mean face, body, type stuff???

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Al Pacino
Gene Simmons (of KISS)
George Hamilton
Kenny Rodgers
Micky Roarke
Michael Douglas
Steve Martin
Simon Cowell
George Clooney (just botox)
David Hasselhoff
David Beckham
Burt Reynolds
Vladimir Putin
Paul McCartney
Axl Rose

And these are just the ones who've admitted it.

Reactions: frugalfranny

·
Registered
379 Posts
LOL~!

Look at Demi Moore. That special something that she used to look like is gone..now she looks like everyone else. Big Head. Skinny body.

Kenny Rodgers~OMG~he must have gone to Joan River's surgeon.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Al Pacino
Gene Simmons (of KISS)
George Hamilton
Kenny Rodgers
Micky Roarke
Michael Douglas
Steve Martin
Simon Cowell
George Clooney (just botox)
David Hasselhoff
David Beckham
Burt Reynolds
Vladimir Putin
Paul McCartney
Axl Rose

And these are just the ones who've admitted it.
Oh yeah........forgot about Kenny Rogers but some of the others I didn't know about or haven't seen them in years (B. Reynolds)

Did not know about Simon Cowell.........interesting. Hasselhoff would HAVE to do something........drinking is hard on the body, skin, etc. Guess I should have just 'figured' G. Hamilton would do something...DUH!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts