Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My church put on a game night tonight. We played Bunco. That was so much fun.

I really did not know anything about Bunco, I thought it was a card game. After looking it up on the internet the other day I found out it is a dice game.

Anyway, it was so much fun and easy to learn. Can't wait to play it again.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
When I was a kid (1960s) and most moms were full-time homemakers, all of our neighbor ladies played Bunco in the afternoon a couple of times a week. Heaven help you if you were home from school sick on Bunco day- you got bundled up and dragged over to someone's house, and if they were short a player - no matter how sick you were - you played Bunco!!!
My mom and Grandma so looked forward to it - I'd love to play again!!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I belonged to a Bunco group back in the 70's. We played once a month, had prizes, refreshments, etc. What fun! ...Wish I could find one now. Hey, maybe I could start a group?

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
The only time I ever heard of Bunco was on the tv show Housewives of OC and the one lady had a Bunco girls night. All I got from the game was there was dice and everything led to a shot of booze :lol:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only time I ever heard of Bunco was on the tv show Housewives of OC and the one lady had a Bunco girls night. All I got from the game was there was dice and everything led to a shot of booze :lol:

LOL. Well we were at church, so there definately was no booze, but there certainly was an abundant supply of carbs: Key Lime pie, brownies, cookies, oh and of course diet coke to go with it.

But I am certain that at a private home the wine might be flowing.

Reactions: Libby

·
Registered
201 Posts
There is a group of 8 of us that play Bunko about once a month. We each take turns hosting it and we have a blast..A very enjoyable girls night out!

·
19,119 Posts
What a fun thing to do!! Glad that you're looking forward to your next time!!

·
Registered
645 Posts
I remember Bunco - whenever we went to my grams' we played that. Fun!:cheergrl:

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Yes! We used to have a bunco group in our neighborhood once a month. 3 tables (12 women) and a couple of extras to fill in when someone couldn't make it.

I ended up 'losing my seat' at one of the tables, because I had to take a leave due to one of my kids' hockey practices was the same night every week.

I never did get my seat back, couldn't even get a position as an extra. Bummer. I really loved it. A good excuse to get out with the girls and eat M&M's. LOL!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
There is a group of 8 of us that play Bunko about once a month. We each take turns hosting it and we have a blast..A very enjoyable girls night out!
The neighbor lady does the same, and has stated once a spot opens up, my wife can join. Personally, I'd like to play, but women don't seem to want a guy around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts