Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bit of a problem.... my SIL gave me a beautiful pagent dress to do with what I wanted. It would do well on Ebay, BUT it has a RED kool-aid type stain on the front white lace!!

Does anyone have any ideas HOW to get the stain out?? I don't know how long the red stain has been on the fabric. I've tried all I can think of, and I can't put it in the wash because of all the sequins, etc.
:)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
i would try oxy clean or even baking soda...

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
wonder if hydrogen peroxide would help...

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmmm.... I'll try peroxide! I didn't think of that!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I just did a quick search on the net, here are some tips - hope the work as I have never had to try any of them.

KOOLAID

Types:

Koolaid drinks and popsicles, etc..

Problem:

Dyes can be real difficult to remove, especially the red and orange types.

Solution:

1.Clean with a solution of ammonia and water.This will help neutralize the dye.

2.Poultice with commercial kool-aid remover, Available at janitorial supply and poultice powder.Koolaid removers such as Kool Off, Red Out and Stain Away work well.

Carpet Stains It seems that kids always spill red kool-aid on carpets. One day I just grabbed the first thing I could find and it worked great! Lysol Antibacterial kitchen cleaner on a fresh carpet stain will immediately get all the red out. (any color, really) Just spray and dab it with a clean towel. This also gets the kool-aid stains from kitchen counter tops without using bleach. -- "D. Carr"

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here's a pic.... I'm still trying.....

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it's such a pretty dress :(

almost makes me wish I had a girl :animated:

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Can you place just the stained lace into a bowl and hot streaming hot water over it? You may have to work with a small bowl and each section of lace. The almost boiling water "may" pull the dye out. But you wouldn't have to soak the whole dress. Allow the lace to soak for a few minutes in the hot water.

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
COLOR SAFE BLEACH will surely take the stain out. it even takes out wine & blood (i'm a mommy to 4 so i have had many blood stains & wine stains......lol)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts