Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, I have been putting everything off. I stopped joining in on most of the forum challenges I was once a part of. I keep saying that I will do this or that when dh gets a job. Only thing is, we don't know when this will be, sooo I need that extra push to get me back into some type of routine, and motivation again.

Can you help me? :)

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I feel almost the exact way you do Jenn, same thing with my dh, but he is working (some) now> lets motivate each other. I especially need to get back to LFL

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Well lets see if this works. I have been voted the official cheerleader of another site. All i did there was post a few times a day like this,
GOGOGO RAH RAH RAH!!!! YOU CNA DO IT!!!
LOL
Of course that being an ebay site the cheer goes
GO GO GO LIST LIST LIST!!!

I haven't been posting much anywhere lately, life is once again intterupting! I do check in and read a lot though!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
First of all, lets not feel guilty about not participating in challenges on the net. There is life other than the net and sometimes we get so bogged down with challenges, that we forget there are other things in life to enjoy.

I think its just that time of the year, when everyone is so wanting spring to be here, when we want to be doing things outside. I think thats just our makeup, we don't want to be in the house all the time.

Jenn, take each day, "one day at a time". Its okay if we don't always do the things we said we would. To cheer you on, pick one thing you want to do and work at doing that. Forget the pressure of the rest, kwim. There have been days when I've taken "one hour at a time". I've learn that its okay!!! Its taken me a long time to get to where I am.

One thing that will really perks a person up is some excersise. It doesn't have to be by tapes or videos. Go for a nice walk around the block, enjoy nature.

Just know where here for you to cheer you on. Let us know what you've started on and will encourage you all along the way.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Cj always has the best advice and Mel is a great cheerleader. I completely agree that it's ok to take it one day/hour whatever at a time. When I'm feeling a bit blue it's my nature to want to stick my head in the sand. I have to make myself "work" out of it or I get stuck there too. So just grab those boot straps and do something, even if it's only part of a job (whatever it is). You'll feel better and see that you can untrack and get going again.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
PrairieRose said:
Cj always has the best advice and Mel is a great cheerleader. I completely agree that it's ok to take it one day/hour whatever at a time. When I'm feeling a bit blue it's my nature to want to stick my head in the sand. I have to make myself "work" out of it or I get stuck there too. So just grab those boot straps and do something, even if it's only part of a job (whatever it is). You'll feel better and see that you can untrack and get going again.
I agree, you just have to start something and stay to stay with it....... Once you get going, it will be easier ........ Hang in there hon !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Yep, I agree with Carolyn, sounds like spring fever, I've been going through it too. Just relax and don't put so much pressure on yourself, take on little tasks, get outside and enjoy the nice weather, etc. The housework and other stuff can wait! Take care!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
the only one I truely participate in alot at this time is the Daily Challenge of Cleaning and organizing our home.
I also participate in the Credit Card Pay off Challenge and everyonce and awhile I will participate in the LFL Challenge
and other challenges on here.
I am so busy I never seem to get one load of laundry done before the next pile is getting bigger.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks so much for the great advice, ladies. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts