Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The water in Denmark is very hard and I'm losing the battle in my shower. I mostly steam clean and use a homemade vinegar cleaner, but this is not cutting it in the shower, which is tiled and has a nasty orange film on it.

Does anyone know how I can get rid of it? Availability of cleaning products is limited here, so things like Lime Away are not an option. So far I have not been able to steam or scrub it off.

Is there some sort of green cure for this nasty problem? It's bumming me out :(

·
4,028 Posts
Can you try a pumice stone on the tile?

·
Registered
9,538 Posts

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Did you try using baking soda with the vinegar that what i use cleaning shower and it always clean it.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Definitely NOT green...do you have access to either Iron Out or Whink...think Whink is the spelling..
I actually a long time ago googled the Whink (?) to see what was in it to make it work so well...both do miracles. If these are not available you might be able to google them also and see what the ingredients are and makeshift from there if all else fails on the green issue. I believe the site also said why they worked so well.

I can't myself remember what the ingredients were....Wiki I believe

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I would ask a plumbing company, tile company, etc. what to use/is available in your country.

Years ago I bought a house that had sat vacate for three years with water in the toilet. The water was VERY hard and there was a hard water ring in the toilet. I tried EVERYTHING imaginable to get it out. I finally found something that worked, but I don't remember the name of it. Unfortunately the active ingredient was an acid. BUT I only had to use it once!

·
Registered
379 Posts
The only thing I get to work on my hard water stains is something called 'the works'~which is kinda like limeaway.~

I don't know if you have that over there.~
Nothing I tried green would work. Vinegar..baking soda...lemon...
If you find something that does...pm me please!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts