Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know of lots of sites with crockpot recipes on them, but I want to know which ones your family likes best. The hot weather is here, and we don't have a/c (except for in our bedroom), so the crockpot is a must.

Chelle :ribbon:

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Here's a really good dessert.......

1 box chocolate cake mix
1 box instant chocolate pudding
16 oz. sour cream
4 eggs
3/4 cup oil
1 cup water

Mix all together well. Spray the inside of the crockpot with nonstick spray and pour the batter in. Cook on low for 6 hours. Serve with ice cream if desired. This makes a LOT of cake and it's very rich. :chef2:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Creamy Italian Chicken

My dh really liked this one! I didn't think he would because he is plain jane when it comes to food.

4 boneless chicken breast halves
1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
1/2 cup water
1 pkg. (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 can (4oz) mushroom stems and pieces, drained

Place chicken in bottom of crockpot. Combine salad dressing mix and water; pour over chicken. cover and cook on low for 3 hours. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and soup until blended. Stir in mushrooms. Pour over chicken. Cook one hour longer, or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over rice or pasta

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
How about tossing some ribs or chicken in there with a bottle of BBQ sauce.

That chicken sounds delicious. You can also use pork chops or Ranch dressing mix, you don't need the cream cheese either.

Put a cup of rice in the crockpot, add a can of condensed cream soup and a few tbsp of margarine, and put your chicken or pork chops on top.

Put chicken or pork in the bottom of the pot, add the cream soup, and top with a box of stuffing mix (water added).

My personal favorite is a beef or pork roast, seered, add a packet of onion soup mix and a can of cream soup. I make gravey out of the juice, then use the leftovers for enchiladas. (leftover gravey, can of enchilada sauce, can of tomato soup for the sauce)

I cook my stew meat in beef broth all day, then turn it into beef stroganof when I get home.

Cut a round steak into slices, add taco seasoning and the water. onion rings, pepper rings, tomato pieces, and make fajitas.

The possibilities are endless. Think broths or soups for moisture, dressing or soup mixes for seasoning, rice, potatoes or vegetables to fill out the meal, inexpensive (yeah right) cuts of meat, the tough stuff will come out tender if you cook it long enough. NOODLES do NOT do well in the crock pot for me, they get stck to the side and get hard.

I L:hearts:VE my crock pot!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I made this one last week and it was YUMMY! I used 1 can of cream of chicken and one can of cream of celery. I used frozen boneless chicken breasts and just cooked it longer. I did not brown it first. You could also substitute potpie squares for the biscuits for Chicken Pot Pie.

Chicken and Dumplings

4-6 chicken breasts, browned and shredded
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 C. evaporated milk
1 C. of water
1 pkg. of butter flavored refrigerated biscuits, cut into fourths
1 tsp. of poultry seasoning

Whisk together the soup, milk, water and poultry seasoning until all of the lumps are gone. Pour into a greased crockpot and stir in all of the drained veggies. Add the browned chicken and stir again. Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 hrs. Add the quartered biscuits and cover and coo for an additional 40-45 min. Nice if served with steamed rice.

Bon Appetit! :chef:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the recipes so far.

Kahana, that cake sounds so good. I've never made a dessert in the crockpot before :)

I am bumping this up for more recipes...I'm hoping to see some dairy-free ones as I am lactose-intolerant. :)

Thanks!!
Chelle :chef:

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
I don't use my crock pot as much as I would like to,I suppose I'm in the same boat as Chelle..I have a lack of recipes.

I will certainly have to try the cake and the Creamy chicken.
I've made a cake in the crock pot before and it was yuck!! :yucky:
It was a BAD recipe!!!

I'll keep checking back to see if anyone else had added more yuuuummmy recipes!! :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
One of my familys favorite things is meatballs-homemade or frozen,with BBQ sauce( I use a real mild or sweeter type sauce)
I throw it all in before work on low and cook some sour cream and chive potatoes when I get home. My dream is another smaller crockpot to use for a side dish... :D

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:bump: for Denise

1 - 9 of 9 Posts