Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do people spend money on people for surgery when the pet is better off being put down and they won't spend the money to get an animal spayed? I know some people who had their elderly cat operated on. No telling how much they paid for the surgery. They knew ahead of time that the cat would probably die anyway. They have some other cats and one of the cats is pregnant. They've had the cat a while. I am thinking they should have had the animal spayed so it wouldn't produce any more unwanted kittens.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I visited a house once. Had a free kitten sign. I went in and no joke this place was crawling with cats and not healthy cats either. It was really gross. I was so creeped out. Anyway, the owner tells me...well if you change your mind, we have new kittens all the time. I was disgusted by that statement because the cats they had were all unhealthy and just breeding away. :(

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I also think all pets- cats included, should be on a leash if they are outside. ( We have a portable cat pen so that when the weather is nice they can be outside. They love it.)Not spaying your pet is irresponsible. Letting pets roam is too. I have heard people say it is frugal to let the cats roam, that it saves on litter.Unreal.( We do have homeless cats that I set food out for- they are so wild you cannot catch them-I keep trying.Feel bad for them in the snow and cold due to people dumping them)

·
Registered
713 Posts
Not spaying your pet is irresponsible. Letting pets roam is too.
Irresponsible. Period. I know some people on here and in real life that don't have their pets fixed and/or let them wander, and I absolutely do not agree with their decisions. And some people who just "have" to breed their pets. I'm sorry, you do not have such a wonderful physical specimen that it imperative you breed them. All that shows me is a lack of concern for the millions of homeless dogs and cats out there.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Also, to continue this cycle, don't buy expensive, bred puppies and kittens. Yeah they're "SO CUTE!" but there are tons of pets in the shelters waiting for you. Go save a dog from the pound for free, a donation, or maybe a small price. Many will spay/neuter the animal before you even take it home, some (Humane Society) even require it. All of my dogs growing up were from the pound and I think we paid $20 max for them, which included tags.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
the town cats i see in the back of town house sometimes during the week and also housecats with collars if i could catch them. I know 2 neighbours not far from me that let their cats outside all day. They come and go as they please. And told me their spayed so what? I told them, yes u went half the way. but what about the diseases they could get from other cats and fleas?
They told me they would just put a flea collar on, duhhhhhhhhhhhhh they dont work!!!!
i know how u feel about animals !!! Their will always be irresponsible people who dont care.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts