Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so technically I am NOT naked but I had a long talk with DF today and told him that I hate looking like a "bon-bon mom" (you know... sit home all day in sweats, eattng bon-bons, rollers, the works :loop: )

I admit, I laid it on a bit thicker than I needed to :drama: but I think I got the message across.. and then...

Him - If you don't like your clothes, stop wearing them
Me - There are laws against that
Him - Well, you do have a sewing machine, make some
Me - All the material I have is for DD
Him - Did they stop selling fabric?
Me - No, but it costs money
Him - So do the clothes you hate wearing

So.... I told him that if I walk in the door with another pair of pants, give me ""the look" I still have a hard time with sleeves, so, until I get better, I will have to buy them... sleeveless is NOT an option!!!!

Now to the point of this thread -- I am a plus size ... and not an average plus either, most patterns I have seen stop 2 sizes too small for me... they do have some that go up to 32, but most don't... All I want is a simple pattern for pants, skirts, maybe a jumper... (still cant do buttons or zippers either, so, elastic waisted) Something I can make mass amounts of but use different prints. Really trying to just keep it SIMPLE...

I really can't just take apart a pair of pants I already have (thought about it) because they are SWEATS (evil, evil sweats... sorry Flylady) and they just wont be the same...

Anyone have any advice? Is there any company that is more 'size friendly' than others? If I look at another book and find the clothes I like in the sizes I can't wear... I will cry.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I'm not sure how big they run, but have you tried Kwik Sew?

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
from what I remember, Kwik-Sew didn't go up that far, I will check online again

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay... I went through 'the pit' (since remodeling, that's what my closet is now called) and I found some patterns for pants. Unfortunately, they are a wee bit small... how do I adjust them to the size I need???

Come on Michelle and Wandering, you are my sewing gurus!!! :lol:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Man the pressure is on!!!:nerv2: Lady V I don't always do things how the "experts" do it. I'm always having to alter my patterns because I have a short waist, big behind and long legs. Go pants shopping with that list of requirements and you will know why I taught myself to sew in Jr. High.

If you need to add a couple of inches around the waist I would slash the pattern down lengthwise and add 1/2 of the amount on the front and 1/2 of the amount on the back piece. Not the entire length of the pattern piece-thru the area you need the extra space. This is easier to demonstrate than explain. :bang:

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts