Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At a candle party I went to once, there were mini popcorn balls (among other things to munch on). I would like to know how you make popcorn balls. I have never made em myself. Any other easy party foods recipes?? When I say party, I mean like Tupperware, Candle, Basket, and so on kind of parties. Usually a bunch of moms gettting together to chat and hang out for some "mom's time".

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I make my popcarn balls like rice crispie bars, with marshmallows and butter.

My mom makes some sort of suryp stuff that is in the betty crocker cook book (the big regular one)

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Mmm I want some of these right now!!! :(

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I make several different kinds.

JELLO POPCORN BALLS

1 box Jell-O
1 c. sugar
1 c. white syrup
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix jell0, sugar an syrup. Bring to a boil. Cook ab out 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add vanilla. Pour over large pan of popcorn. Mix, then make into balls.

POPCORN BALLS

1 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. water
2 Tbsp. vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 qt. popped corn
2 c. nuts (if desired)

Boil sugar, water, binegar and salt until 250 degrees. Add vanilla. While hot, pour over popcorn and nuts; mix well. When cool enough to handle, grease hands and form into boalls or plac in greased pan and cut into pieces. After cooled. wrap with waxed paper.

As far as the marshamallow popcorn balls- I do that too. I sometimes add chopped pecans and white chocolate chips to them, or add about 3 Tbsp. jello when you are melting the butter and marshmallows to give them some color and flavor.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
:bump:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts