Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have a good crockpot recipe using pork chops? Either bone in or bone out are fine. I have one but the sauce comes out almost like a BBQ sauce and I just don't like that on chops. Anyone have anything that doesn't end up as a BBQ tasting sauce? TIA!!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I use a can of creme of mushroom soup. I only use a 1/2 can of water with it. My kids like to eat the gravy part on white rice..

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
My way: Brown your chops after coating in flour, dry mustard, seasoned salt, and garlic pepper. Place in the crockpot and pour a can of chicken rice soup over top. I also add in sliced onions. Cook on low all day..... yum! I serve this with wild rice and steamed veggies. It also is great with chicken breasts.

Here's the real recipe: http://www.recipezaar.com/63986

·
Registered
282 Posts
My family eats this and they hate everything else that I make in the crockpot (to date, that is). This is from memory btw, so if it looks dry, add a little more liquid

3 to 4 thick cut pork chops
1 can chicken & wild rice soup, condensed do not add water
1 1/2 cups of either apple juice or orange juice
1 cup instant rice
seasonings to taste

basically you just brown the pork chops with lots of butter, lots because the excess butter will be put in the crockpot as well. Then just add everything but the chops, mix, put the chops on top and cook on low for 6 hours. You can kind of mix it up with the varieties of chicken & rice soup too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts