Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of boneless pork loins and plan to pick up a couple more on sale this weekend. I usually cook them in the crock with bbq sauce, but I thinking of doing one Monday with Ken's sweet vidalia onion dressing - that's also on sale. I've never done it, but I think it would be a nice flavoring for the pork.

If you do pork loin in the crock, how do you season it?

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I cut my loins into pork chops, roast and medallions. The parts I cook in the crock pot are seasoned with whatever. Sometimes dale's sauce, BBQ sauce, soy sauce, a garlic seasoning, Worcester, Italian dressing, dry ranch dressing mix, etc...No set seasoning, just whatever I feel like throwing in there.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aliciaknits - I would never have thought of applesauce. I need to try that. I used to make candied pork chops with brown sugar, mustard and apple slices (they were the food of the gods), so applesauce makes sense.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I spray my pot with Pam, rub oil all over loin, place in pot with about 1/2c, or less, h20, shake Emeril's original Essence all over it, & cook. May shake more on it when cooking. A ham is in my crockpot today.

·
Registered
286 Posts
There's a Campbell's soup recipe that's pretty good I used to make it was something like Campbell's Golden Mushroom Soup and Campbell's French Onion Soup. I think it was 2 cans golden mushroom and 1 can French onion mixed in a bowl then poured over two 1 lb. pork tenderloins in the crockpot and cook on low for 8-9 hours. It made a nice gravy for mashed potatoes too.

Also, I've done pork tenderloin, pork chops or spareribs (boneless) in a crock pot with cut up potato and green beans laid on top then top with a can of apple pie filling. Cook on low 8-9 hours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts