Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Sorry... not really a recipe as I've only did a Pork Roast once in a CP.. All I did was add a little bit of water and tons of salt & pepper and cooked it on low for 8hrs..It doesn't look very appetizing when finished but it is so tender and tastes great! Good Luck..I hope someone else has some recipes for you..

·
Registered
586 Posts
I just coat with a little olive oil, shake on salt, pepper and Lawry's seasoning salt and put a little bit of beer (less than 1/2 a can) in the crock pot, set at low and cook for about 8 hours, pulls right apart.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
last time I made a pork roast, I added enough water to nearly cover it, some potatoes and carrots and a packet of onion soup. It was GREAT!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I coat mine with cumin, salt and pepper, then cut slits in the top and all around. Then take fresh garlic and put in the slits.

Slice up a large onion put in the bottom and set the roast on top. I don't add a ton of water as a pork roast is usually nice and moist all on it's own.

Then I shred it for tacos and pulled pork sandwiches.

If I roast one I cook it with potatoes and carrots which you can also do in the crockpot.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Pepsi!

It sounds gross, but it is SO good that it's the only way I cook pork roast now.

One can of Pepsi (not diet), one can cream of mushroom soup, and one packet onion soup mix--- dump those things over your roast and cook on low all day. Be sure to make mashed potatoes for all that yummy gravy. :)

http://www.recipezaar.com/13269

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I've used Pepsi, Coca Cola, rootbeer, ginger-ale -- the soda can even be what went flat in the 2-liter bottle. I've also used apple juice and orange juice. Gotta season it with Goya Adobo seasoning, black or lemon pepper, garlic and either onion or onion soup mix.

Sometimes I use BBQ sauce, but I cook the meat, drain some of the meat juices and cook it about 1/2 to 1 hour more with sauce.

Most of the time I just just use some water and a packet of onion soup mix. I never use the cream soup because I usually make my own homemade gravy with the meat juices.

The last time I did everything 'from scratch'... about 3 onions, peeled and quartered, 5 or 6 cloves of garlic and enough water to 1/2 cover the roast. It was wonderful tasting, fell off the bone and the house smelled sooooo good all day long as it cooked.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
1 cup vingegar
1 cup soy sauce
whole head peeled garlic
cook on low all day.

·
Registered
933 Posts
i use liquid smoke, some water and lots of bbq rub. let it cook over night and add bbq sauce before eating. hmmmm i think i might need to make some over the weekend now.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I've pretty much cooked mine like everyone here. The one thing I have done a little differently is I brown my roast in a little oil on the stove first.......all sides. It tends to hold together a little better after cooking all day in the cp.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
In the cp I use onion soup mix with mushroom soup low fat low sodium or
*make it like a ham--brown sugar or pineapple, mustard water
*Bbq sauce on it
*Mrs. dash with lots of onions, water
*onions, carrots, and brwon gravy dry mix with a little water

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
We just our a bottle of Dale's Sauce in the CP, add the roast and cook. About two three hours before it is to be served we add some onions, potatoes and carrots. I don't eat the meat but the potatoes, carrots and onions cooked in Dale's are great. It is also good to dip your bread in. I think Dale's is a regional item, available primary in the south, but if you google it there are lots of copycat recipes for it.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
One of my families favorites is Lemon Pepper Pork. Super easy and pretty frugal.

Put roast in a crock pot. Fill with water to cover. Squeeze 1 lemon into the water, and add peel to pot (you will remove this before eating), then you can either add just pepper or if you have lemon-pepper seasoning on hand, a few shakes of that.

It is great alone as a roast, or shredded on a sandwich.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Our fav is a sweet/savory tasting one:

Pork roast in crock pot.

Mix together--1 18 oz. (or so) jar of apricot preserves
1 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp. dijon mustard
1/2 tsp dried thyme

Pour the mixture over pork roast and cook on high for 4-6 hours, or low for 8-10 hours.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts