Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Halloween is almost here. What types of clearance items do you pickup after Halloween?

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
~any cute or creepy decorations
~candles
~front door mats
~decorative outdoor flags
~arts and crafts items
~holiday fabrics
~and last but not least.....candy

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
If I saw fabric or candy on clearance I would buy it, but I've never seen anything but broken knick knacks and plastic junk on sale after Halloween.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
-candy
-cute decorations
-anything that would be good for a costume but no cheap stuff
-basically whatever we might be able to use

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I try to pick up lots of chocolate and candies on clearance after Halloween to use in my Christmas candy making and cookie baking.

·
Registered
55 Posts
cheap costumes for the kids costume box. Plus candy, of course ;)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I love getting socks and t-shirts. As far as decorations goes it depends what I'm loooking for. Knick-knacks? No way. I love to buy things I know my sister or friends are looking for. It is an inexpensive surprise gift that tells them you are thinking of them.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I try to pick up lots of chocolate and candies on clearance after Halloween to use in my Christmas candy making and cookie baking.
I do the same thing -- but I have to stick it in the freezer so it's still there in December! ;)

We live in the boonies, and we've never had a trick-or-treater. We take the kids to town after Halloween and let them each pick out a bag of candy. Then we toss it all together and they get a piece each day until it's gone.

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
We usually just buy candy after halloween, I put it in the freezer and pull it out for treats.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
choc candy to freeze for baking with or decorating cakes.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I pick up candles but that's about it.I prefer vintage decorations and look for them at garage sales and flea markets.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts

Kathy, that's a great idea. I never thought of it before. Do you freeze it? I'm going to do that, too.

I also like to get cute ribbon for craft projects. Michael's out here has it really cheap after a holiday.

·
Registered
410 Posts
i don't pick up anything. being married 18 yrs, i've accumulated so much stuff, in fact, i'm probably having a garage sale next summer to get rid of most of it as well as the christmas stuff - i'll keep only what i use, and maybe save some for my daughter's future if she wants.

stuff, stuff, stuff. can't stand it anymore!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Costumes to give Daughter for her dressup bin. I save them for Yule and wrap them up as gifts.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
After Halloween,

I usually get candles, esp. white ones. They're good any time and really cheap. A few years ago I had a cheap iron candlabra given to me, and I bought black candles to put in it. The candlabra, candles and a pair of white opera gloves became a display for horror/vampire novels in my store. People liked it.

I traded the black candles for white ones with the florist next to my bookstore when I pulled the display. I got rid of the candlabra years ago, I think.

Judi

·
Registered
933 Posts
anything i can get my hands on.... but i usually try to fill up on party supplies. we have a halloween party every year so i just buy whatever is left over for the next year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts