Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you like to swap for our January swap? Post your ideas here. I am excited to see what great ideas we can come up with.

·
8,714 Posts
~A nice pen to keep with our calendars
~Decorated envelopes for cash management
~Stickers for our calendars
~Several yards of pretty ribbon
~A blank greeting card, possibly homemade
~lip gloss/protectant
~I can always use potholders and dishtowels and cloth napkins
~Eyemasks for sleeping
~Fabric or fleece headbands
~Paper bookcovers
~Hard candy

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
-pretty lined paper for our grocery lists
-state represented post cards
-a few of our favorite tea bags

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are getting some great ideas! Thanks ladies and keep them coming. I plan on setting up and posting a list of month by month swaps so that we will know which ones are coming up and will be able to keep an eye out for items we would like to swap. :)

Here are a few more ideas...
~cookbooks, especially regional type ones that are done by local organizations that are specific to your area of the country
~cookie cutters
~kitchen gadgets
~aprons
~stationary and nice pen

Just a heads up now...the swap for July will be a "Christmas in July" swap and we will be swapping any Christmas related item, it could be an ornament or a holiday tea towel or anything as long as it pertains to the holiday and cost $10 or less.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Thanks for letting us know about the Christmas in July swap. We should be able to pick up some after Christmas sale items.
This may sound like a strange one, but how about a panty swap. Wouldn't cost much in postage to send those and I could use some. LOL!
Or book marks?

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Thought of some more. LOL!

How about a "Girly" swap? You know something lacey, pink, fuzzy, furry...

Or just a Total Surprise Swap? You could get ideas about the person you are swapping with from reading their posts.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Thanks for letting us know about the Christmas in July swap. We should be able to pick up some after Christmas sale items.
This may sound like a strange one, but how about a panty swap. Wouldn't cost much in postage to send those and I could use some. LOL!
Or book marks?
LOL, it would cost more than you think to send me a pair of panties. :thanx: Thank you, I'll be here all next week!

I love, love, love the secret swap idea!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
How about a stress reliever swap that would help relieve the stress from the holidays. *"Now that Christmas is over, take time to relax and pamper yourself."

*New calendars for the new year.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great ideas ladies. Keep them coming...we have an entire year to plan for :). I will try to get the swap schedule for the year out close to Christmas so that if you come across some great after Christmas sales you will know what we are swapping ahead of time. :)

·
Registered
652 Posts
What a wonderful idea..Count me in. I love the recipe swap idea and maybe a homemade craft swap..how fun would that be....

·
Registered
570 Posts
I like Emily Hope's ideas!
but whatever it is, count me in! (or do I need more posts, if so, I'll get typing!)

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
getnrichslowly,

Welcome to the swap! You don't have to have a certain numer of posts. :rollsmile

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Great ideas ladies. Keep them coming...we have an entire year to plan for :). I will try to get the swap schedule for the year out close to Christmas so that if you come across some great after Christmas sales you will know what we are swapping ahead of time. :)
Great Idea!!!!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The only requirement for joining the swaps is that we require the swapper be a member of the Village for 30 days ~or~ have a mimimum of 100 post.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
We did this one a few years ago and I really liked it.... a local swap. A couple of local items so that you can take a pretend vacation to visit your swap partner's town. We kept it at a $10 limit before- I wouldn't want to go much higher than that.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
The only requirement for joining the swaps is that we require the swapper be a member of the Village for 30 days ~or~ have a mimimum of 100 post.
Oooops, sorry :foot: :shame:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
My big idea for the coming year? How about a Christmas Ornament swap? They can be homemade or purchased, but I love to get new ornaments as gifts.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I like the idea or regional swaps. Some sort of souvenier trinket or local item that you cannot get anywhere else but your home town.
~tea towel
~pot holder
~candle
~photo frame
~key chain
~book
~a local stamp
~a photo of a local monument

1 - 20 of 23 Posts