3 cups shredded peeled potatoes
2 eggs
1/2 cup grated onion
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper​
Serves:
Directions:
Rinse potatoes in cold water; drain thoroughly.

In a bowl, mix potatoes, eggs, onion, flour, salt and pepper. Optional: I like to add a dash of Cajun seasoning

Heat oil in pan to fry batter.

Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls into hot oil

Fry 7-8 minutes on each side or until potatoes are tender and pancakes are golden brown.

Optional: Add parsley or chopped bacon to batter before frying.​

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Yum...I love potatoes but they don't like me very much...this would be a treat if I made them here. These are the same as latkes right - different culture, different name?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Yum...I love potatoes but they don't like me very much...this would be a treat if I made them here. These are the same as latkes right - different culture, different name?

I'm not positive, but I think the difference is the way the potato gets grated. Latke recipes always seem to call for more of a "shredded" potato, where you use the bigger hole side of the grater. But the pancakes are grated on the small hole side, making it ~more~ like a batter.

We had these all the time when I was growing up too. My mom would make a 5lb bag, and THAT was supper. I loved it! I really need to make these. Maybe tomorrow I'll make a bunch. And I eat mine with applesauce too. YUM!

Thanks for posting shovelski!

Theresa :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts