Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually try not to waste a whole bag of potatoes. So I start using them, by either baking them along side something in the oven or nuke them. Usually I will do about 8 or 10. I then put them into a bag after they cooled, whole and leave in my fridge. Sometimes a few days, but I bet you could freeze them nicely. When I am ready I scoop out a few potatos and put the inerds back into a bowl for later. Either for potato salad, soup, or something potatoee. Great grasp of the English language. When anyway, I took left over brocolli and cut it up some and filled the potato skins, seasoned and put 1/2 cheese on top and put into oven for a short while, (till warm) WOW, the kids went wild. And they were very filling.
That can save some money with a few meals. I am so proud of myself..

I know I am new to this site.. but as you can tell I am not shy...ahahahah
Thanks for listening..
Ms Louise

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Sounds yummy, I think I'll try them tomorrow.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
They do sound very yummy and I love broccoli, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome
We love potato skins and this would be great to try for my vegi girl ([email protected]).
We used to throw away the innards when we make potato skins but I got a recipe from Paula Deens website that is awesome!
You put the potato innards in small pan and then sour cream and then onions and red pepper cooked in butter and then more potato butter cheese and bacon to top it off. Every body loved it. I think I will make some of both this weekend.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The innards are the best part. Try them also with a little mayo, celery, and I shred carrots in my potatoe salad. For some reason they are so good.

·
Registered
818 Posts
:hungry: Yummy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts