Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thought this would be a neat thread to have . Sometimes i see something and think someone here might be able to use it as a frugal gift but dont want to start a new thread about it .

so if we post things seen online or at chain stores we can save alittle and keep an eye out for deals . If someone has something they are looking for we could also help ??

Ie yesterday at Joanns fabrics to buy a new bobbin they had crafting kits with for macrame type bracelets and beaded bracelets and a few other string or bead crafts etc orig 19.99 and 16.99 70% off !! i thought so many times i see people asking what to get a girl between 8- young teens and they onbly have a 5$ or so budget and this would be prefect !! so if someone has a joanns near them they could pop in when nearby and ck it out

( and even though no girls that age on my list i grabbed 4 of the 16.99 ones to put in a gift box for when my 10 yo is invited to a b-day party )

·
Registered
649 Posts
i thought this would be a neat thread to have . Sometimes i see something and think someone here might be able to use it as a frugal gift but dont want to start a new thread about it .

so if we post things seen online or at chain stores we can save alittle and keep an eye out for deals . If someone has something they are looking for we could also help ??

Ie yesterday at Joanns fabrics to buy a new bobbin they had crafting kits with for macrame type bracelets and beaded bracelets and a few other string or bead crafts etc orig 19.99 and 16.99 70% off !! i thought so many times i see people asking what to get a girl between 8- young teens and they onbly have a 5$ or so budget and this would be prefect !! so if someone has a joanns near them they could pop in when nearby and ck it out

( and even though no girls that age on my list i grabbed 4 of the 16.99 ones to put in a gift box for when my 10 yo is invited to a b-day party )
There is a Joann fabrics 20 minutes from my place. I will also let people know.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Ooh i love joanns i may have to pop in cause i happen to have 2- 8-10yr old girls on my list

·
Registered
623 Posts
This thread is a good idea--I will definitely follow it. Don't have any good tips myself yet.

·
Registered
839 Posts
My 12 y.o. daughter is really into unique hats, we found this lady who makes unique handmade knits at a flea market in northern Wisconsin. Her specialty is sock monkey hats and they are just so cute and beautifully-made! Honestly, she was selling them for only $20 and I can't imagine how many hours goes into making just one! So, in my mind, a unique and memorable gift for only $20 is a bargain.

She also makes "fish" hats that we love, specifically Nemo hats for babies but also colorful other fish hats as well.

In case anyone is looking for something unique and well-made for a hat-lover, from baby/toddler to middle to high school kid, here's her link:

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

Or if you're a knitter, here's an opportunity for ya to earn some extra income - very desirable in my opinion!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Michaels has all of its fun summer stuff on 60% clearance. I picked up some stocking stuffer items today for .40

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Dollar Tree has winter gloves and socks on sale. They would make great stocking stuffers. The store near me also has adult and childrens t-shirts and sweatshirts on sale.

·
Registered
292 Posts
My 12 y.o. daughter is really into unique hats, we found this lady who makes unique handmade knits at a flea market in northern Wisconsin. Her specialty is sock monkey hats and they are just so cute and beautifully-made! Honestly, she was selling them for only $20 and I can't imagine how many hours goes into making just one! So, in my mind, a unique and memorable gift for only $20 is a bargain.

She also makes "fish" hats that we love, specifically Nemo hats for babies but also colorful other fish hats as well.

In case anyone is looking for something unique and well-made for a hat-lover, from baby/toddler to middle to high school kid, here's her link:

Or if you're a knitter, here's an opportunity for ya to earn some extra income - very desirable in my opinion!

oh my goodness!! thank you for posting this. my dd is obsessed with sock monkeys and I have to get her that hat. I know she will love it

·
Registered
871 Posts
If you subscribe to target mobile coupons...there is a $5 off a transformer action figure and then there is another target coupon for the same thing on their website. They will let you use both at the same time to get the item for free!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
free scan disc usb
its on sale for 6.99 if you use the coupon ( click on info left of page to get coupon ) on this link you get 6.99 back in staples rewards the next month ( coupon worth 6.99)
u need a staples reward card - with this card you can also turn in old printer ink for 2$ each ( get the 2$ in next month rewards )
you print rewards off each month .
great for stocking stuffer or basket for teen / techie

Staples Weekly Ad ? Best deals on Computers, Printers, Electronics, Ink & Toner, Paper and more!

Reactions: Sumacaroni

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
If you save up your coke codes, there is a coupon good for a free 12pk of coke...I think its about 260 points. Anyway, I ordered a bunch of them for my houseapes last year & they just loved them:) Only thing is...is that it takes about 8-10 weeks to get them in the mail, so if you want them, you need to redeem your points no later than mid-October. Just an idea for that hard to please teenager, or anyone else on your list.Good to put in Christmas cards if the person lives far away.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my CVS has a bunch of perfumes on sale 75% off in their clearace area- addidas- izod -halle berry -britney spears - harikuram ( spelled wrong i am sure- has little cartoon person on front of box )jenifer lopez brand etc - stuff they usually have locked up behind glass.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh and use your quarterly extra care bucks and its no $ out of your pocket :)

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
teen gift alert - buy 50$ in itunes GC at CVS get 10$ back in ECB and you can use whatever $ amt add up to at least 50 ours has 3 packs of 10 which is 60 if you buy 2 but 50 after ECB ( will use ECB for something i buy anyway like milk or shampoo ) so thats 6 10$ gifts for 50$ or a little more than 8$ each ,

l they also have some other products that is you spend 30 you get a 10$ GC again up to 5 per acct in my area . mine had macys gap gas card and american express cards- if i can find coupons for the batteries and TP to put it closer to the prices i like - i may look into doing it, can use the GC to shop or to gift .

·
Registered
839 Posts
At our mini-mart last night on the Coke fridge door, there was a tear-off sheet for Free College T-Shirts with Coke codes, so if you're buying Coke.... you might as well get a few free t-shirts! My mom drinks Coke products, will be asking her for the codes and see what kind of shirts my kids might like in their stockings.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts