Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I made these yesterday and today. I missed making Mom a gift for Christmas and I promised her I would make her something, just because...

These are: 2--8" quilted potholders, 2--5" quilted folded pot/lid potholders, 2--4" cast iron skillet handle potholders.

I made my own patterns for the folded pot/lid holders and for the cast iron skillet handle holders. I got the 8" potholder patterns from an old Bazzar crafts book.

·
19,119 Posts
What a lucky Mom!! Great idea!!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Those are really nice, I love the material you used!

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you!

I'm making her up a small box of her favorite authors of romance books and sending these with them. I think she'll be pleased. :)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Awesome. Did you make ALL those yesterday. They must be quick to make. Great job.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I made the 2 8" potholders Monday night and I made the other four Tuesday. Once I figured out how to make a pattern for the other's they sewed together quickly, like in...a few minutes. I just did some searching on the internet for what I wanted to make and used parts of what I found and parts of my own design.

I made this Oven/BBQ Mitt last night. My Mom has very small hands and the mitts that you can buy are usually quite large. The mitt measures 9" tall x 6 1/2" at widest part x 4 1/2" at wrist. I traced a small mitt that I own and cut out the top and bottom. The lining is flannel already attached to cotton batting with spray on glue. I got both fabrics last week at the thrift store. I really liked the vintage look of the fabric. I have had the green velvet-like binding for many years. This took less than 15 min. from start to finish.

·
19,119 Posts
What a great idea - making the oven mitt to fit her hands!! - never thought they would/could be so quick to make!! She will be so thrilled with all that you've made plus her favorite books!!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
They're adorable

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
love all your work. beautiful. Your mum is one lucky woman.
i love the material u picked up. the mitt is awesome. beautiful material and well constructed together.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Wow! I wish I was as talented as you, I can barely sew a straight line...actually, I can't sew a straight line! I have tried, and made a few things, but nothing as wonderful as that!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Those are so pretty. I need to spend time with my sewing machine. For some reason we don't get along to well.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Those are so pretty love the material and they are well made i know your mom will be very proud thanks for posting the pictures.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
She is going to love them all! They are so pretty. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts