total-$390 plus the cost of dog

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
fixer....pound puppy- PRICELESS !!!!!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Pound puppy- save a life & if it's a mutt, less vet bills down the road. Plus they "just know" you saved their lives.

Reactions: sabrelvssammy

·
Registered
900 Posts
I gotta admit, getting Honey from the pound was one of the best things we ever did. I am so glad we waited and spent time looking for her, though she is purebred.

·
Registered
412 Posts
POUND Puppy. Your Saving a Life! My Boss recently got a "Purebred" and LO and Behold, it turned out to be sick and from a PUPPY MILL!!! Please Adopt from the Local POUND.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
see fixer....the HOMELESS are WINNING !!!!!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
There are MANY purebreds at the pound as well as Heinz 57s :)

We got our Jack Russell there and he is the greatest dog ~ really NOT your typical JRT :D

·
Registered
412 Posts
Oh, pound puppy for sure! Or pound kitty for that matter. Unless or course one wanders up and needs a home. They are the VERY best of all!
Yeah, I got a Pound Puppy 12 years ago who is PRICELESS and one of those "wander/needs a home" kitties too, and he is FANTASTIC!!! lol!

Reactions: sabrelvssammy

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
my dog sparky we got him from a friend who is a vet he cost $45 and that included neutering and shots what a deal!!!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I have a Min Pin that I got from a breeder for a fraction of the cost, as he was deemed"too big" and unwanted.He is a little chubby, but so what.More to love.I have an adopted dog that wandered up. He is a Shepherd, Chow, Pit Bull mix. The animal shelter told me if I did not keep him they would destroy him. So here he is, laying on my bed.I have a Siamese, an orange tabby, and a white cat. All adopted from the shelter. I love them all, and they are all"worthy" to me.

·
Registered
514 Posts
ITA Anny! We have a pastel torti rescued from a vet clinic, a Siamese calico from the shelter (partially deaf, which is why no one wanted her :( ) & a lab mix pup from the county vet. We also had a golden retr. mix, but the 2 dogs did not get along & it got to the point where we found a good home for her & the ppl LOVE her as well! They get on my nerves, but then so do my kids. I love them anyway!!!

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
All the dogs we have had since we were born were "free" dogs.

The two dogs we have had my married life were "free" dogs. Both times at Hubby's work someone's dog had surprise pups and they personally picked out one for Hubby.

He gets to announce when we are getting a new dog. "Honey, Guess what, We are getting a new puppy"

I get to announce when we are having a new baby. "Sweetie, Guess what...."

Seems fair to me :lol3:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Our dog is a pound puppy too. He looks like a black min pin. I got him from the "back" of the pound. Those are the ones who are going to be put to sleep that day. I think he is one of the best dogs we have ever had. He seems to "know" we saved him. He has been very healthy too!!!

Reactions: Must-Stash

·
Registered
514 Posts
Imagine, that's too cute!

Reactions: imagine

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I say check your local humane first. For us, it wasn't an option, our rules here won't adopt to families iwth kids under 10. Dumb rule, but no way around it. Our Bella was a discount pooch a small breeder couldn't sell her because she was too "big". Ironically, Bella ended up smaller than her siblings..lol. We have another puppy coming from the same breeder, only because she loves her animals so much. They are her pets, she has called for updates, sent us pictures of our new puppy. Addressed any and all concerns. If we could have adopted from a shelter, we would have, but they don't want us to.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
We raised purebred poodles, American Water Spaniels and a breed of hunting dogs that have since died out. We also took in a lot of strays. They all had their benefits and their detractions but they were all loved by us. I loved my registered collie and would love to have another. But I also love my 2 rescues that I have now.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
My last two dogs and my cat are all pound pets .. 1 poodle, 1 chi mix, and 1 Siamese mix. I have had losts of other pets not from the pound.

My experience has been that the pound pets are more appreciative of a kind owner. They stray less, always leave a little food in their bowls to stave off starvation :choco:, and warm up slowly and cautiously, and forgive generously and easily.

Just my kinda friend

1 - 20 of 79 Posts