I loved reading it.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
That was a great story.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Okay, does anyone else besides me see alot of similarities to today's economy???
While they are of course, differences, there are also quite a few similarities.

I don't expect things to ever get as bad as they were in the 1930's but things are going to get worse, much worse, than alot of us are used to before we begin to see an improvement.

Just my :cents:.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Okay, does anyone else besides me see alot of similarities to today's economy???
While they are of course, differences, there are also quite a few similarities.

Just my :cents:.
I thought exactly the same.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
That was interesting....as you can see history does repete it self.
Fern

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
I saw some valid points, some conjecture, and a few completely unrelated concepts touted as causes.

The biggest unrelated one I saw was the difference in income between the poor and the rich. It saddens me that people still assume that for someone to be rich, they must somehow be depriving someone else.

Reactions: ktsmama

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
What is happening now is all a part of the cycle. The great depression was not the first one and won't be the last. I just pray it never gets that bad and that my children never have to feel the effects of this economy.
I am buckling down and trying to tuck away extra money but I do it quietly. NO need to for my kids to think the sky is falling.

That was an interesting presentation, wish it had gone on a little more.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Thanks for posting this I'm right in the middle of our depression era project. This helps! It was also interesting to see Eastern NM and West Texas on the dustbowl map.

And I do see some similar things...hmmmmm.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
It tells me I need to enable javascript but it is :confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
It tells me I need to enable javascript but it is :confused:
I have this problem when I use Firfox as a web browser, but don't have it if I use Internet Explorer as a browser. I don't know why this is easier. I have downloaded and enabled it many times but I can only get features like this to work in Internet Explorer.

·
Registered
412 Posts
thanks for the link

I too have the same problem with Firefox. Can only view such things in Internet Explorer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts