Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received this from a worker at the school.

Not a wildcat tiger.... but a REAL tiger/panther was spotted
by custodians and cooks today... lock down at the school so I
thought that you may wish to know so you can keep an eye on your
kids and listen for a report as to if it was captured or what???
someone thought that there was a exotic animal farm near the
nortonville road?? maybe it cam efrom there??? any more details
call Mr. Naeger I am sure the kids will have some story to report!!!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Wow, I will be praying for their safety...... I wonder where it came from ????? When I lived in Chatham there was a tigar on the loose from one of the little zoos there..... Very scary !!!!!!!! I hope they catch it soon !!!!!! I hadn't heard anything, stay in til you know the animal is caught..... Hugs Denise !!!!!!

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know anymore yet. Nothing on the news. I don't know if they will let the kids out of school or not- they may keep them there until they know it's safe.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I'll let you know if I hear anything......

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Praying for all.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dd just got home- said they wouldn't let them outside for any reason (although someone forgot about the ones who have to travel between schools for art classes).

Otherwise, they let them out on time. No word on the panther so far. Guess we won't be walking in the woods without a gun for a few days.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I hope you all stay safe............. I hope he stays away from Hardee's tomorrow !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Keeping y'all in mind and prayer until he's caught. I grew up in a town with several exotic animal farms in it, so this was a routine thing. If he is from the farms, he may or may not be able to feed himself.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Denise, did they identify it ????? Have they caught it yet ??????

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nothing yet. They've had helicopters out looking, but so far - nothing. I don't think it came from the exotic animal farm- I've been there and they have things like llamas, ostriches- but no big cats that I've ever seen.

My parents know there is a panther on their farm- been sighted many times. That would be why we don't camp out there :)
Their farm is about 2 miles from the school- so it's possible it came from there , or any other farm in the area.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Be careful !!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Denise, have you heard any news about the tiger?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts