Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd (13) has been feeling run down since around the end of school. But she is very invloved in every sport, and with all the end of the year testing and activity, I just chalked it up to that. She is not improving at all, in fact she is getting much worse. In the last 3 weeks she has lost almost 10 pounds, she is very pale and weak. She bruises at the blink of an eye.

She is eating almost nothing and gets full after 2 bites of anything.

I looked at her gums today and under her upper eye lid and they are whiter than white. Which means that she has a low red blood count.

So I have a dr's appt for her tomorrow, please keep her in your prayers.

·
27,948 Posts
Arlene, hope they are quick to find out what's wrong and just ask quick making her feel better. :heartsm:

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Praying for you dd.Please let us know how the appt. goes.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Sending prayers for your DD. I hope she is feeling better soon.

:angel2:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family. Let us know how your daughter does at Dr.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, Thanks for asking-We leave for the Dr's in 3 hrs. I sure did not sleep very well-I feel so foolish for not taking action sooner with this.

Her and I are supposed to leave for vacation this next week. My dmom is keeping 2 kids for me and my dd and my ds and I are (supposedly) leaving to spend a week with my brother and his wife camping in their brand new travel trailer.
My dmom is more than capable of taking care of my dd-no matter what (dmom is a RN with many many years of care taking) so I know that medically dd would be taken care of, but I am not sure that emotionally dd would be OK.
My dmom and this dd clash sometimes.

Of course dmom is telling me to go and not worry. and dd and ds really want to go of course. My brother and sis in law have already paid the non refundable admission to where we are going for us.

Oh gosh I am so conflicted about this whole thing. Of course we probably will not know anything for sure today, because they will have to run tests and blood work, and the results probably will not be back before we are supposed to leave.

Thanks for letting me get this all off my mind, and for all the prayers.
I will post as soon as I can after we get home.

·
27,948 Posts
I know it's sometimes not easy to know what's a passing thing or a real problem with our kids,especially teen girls. My Dd always seemed to get sick around April with all kinds of stomach problems. I think most was stress related, a lot of her own making. So much going on in those teen years.

I'll be thinking of you both today and hope it's nothing that can't be addressed quickly. Big hang in there hug to you and your Dd.

Ps. Your trip sounds fun!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Arlene, My thoughts are with you and your daughter. :hugz:
Please let us know how things are/results for your daughter.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Arlene, I'll be thinking about your dd. Keeping her in my prayers.:heartsm:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Praying for your DD and for you..

·
27,948 Posts
Any news Arlene?:smted:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts