Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals. I just got an email from an old friend, my best friend from high school. She's all of 23 years old and I think she's about 3 or 4 months pregnant. Her fiance, the father of her baby, was killed in a car accident on Feb. 11th. She is devistated, but, being a Taurus, is plowing on ahead as best she can.

I cried for half an hour when I heard this. She is like my sister, we grew up together over the years. I felt so lost and had no words that could possibly describe to her how I feel. She has always had a hard, hard life -- father was abusive, mother was schizophrenic, grew up in a home with very strict, overbearing grandparents raised her, got into a lot of trouble over the years, and was finally starting to get her life turned around after all that, including getting married to her high school sweetheart and starting a family.

I would like to request prayers be said for her, please. She's very receptive and open-minded so any positive energy you put out into the world in her direction should be welcomely received.

Thanks ladies and gents!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Good thing she has caring friends, let her know people do care!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
sounds like she's got a pretty special friend. I'll be hoping for hte best for her

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Yes she has a wonderful friend by her side and I will most surely say a prayer for her and the baby, God Bless!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Prayers being sent for her and the baby.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
So sorry to hear this. Prayers are being lifted up for this young mother to be.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Prayers are being sent for her and her baby.

·
Registered
426 Posts
praying for her

·
Registered
820 Posts
Be still,my soul! the Lord is on thy side;
Bear patiently the cross of grief and pain;
Leave to thy God to order and provide; In every change he faithful will remain.

Be still, my soul! thy best, thy heavenly Friend
Thro' thorrny wats leads to a joyful end.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Prayers being sent Heavens way for your friend and her baby.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear what your best friend is going through:( I will keep her in my thoughts & prayers.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I will add her to my prayer list.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Sending positive energy to you, her and the baby. Just on a practical note, she should probably contact the social security office to see if she is eligible for death benefits for her child. My nephew left us a few months before his child was born and the mother was able to secure benefits for the child.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts