Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need prayers over the next while related to how I am going to structure my life and work to reflect my inner values. I am in the process of learning, slowly and tentatively about God and his forgiveness. I was brought up thinking that God stood by with a score card, watching me screw up my life, snickering about the consequences I would face.

I am embarking on a church search, since I don't really feel like the kind of faith I am trying to develop can't work in isolation.

Please pray that I'll have an open heart, to hear God's purpose for me and that I will lose some of the fear I have that keeps me stuck in the same place regarding how I structure my life and work.

Thanks lots and lots!

Janet (new friend of God)

·
Registered
128 Posts
PRAYING for you..........Lori

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Janet you will definately know when you find the right church for you. You will feel the Spirit in a most wonderful way.

Good luck to you in your search.

·
8,714 Posts
~I'll be happy to pray for you, Janet!
I would love prayers in the same vein in return since it's something that's been on my mind as well. If you ever want to discuss anything or need additional support, please feel free to PM me. (hug)~

·
Registered
253 Posts
Good luck to you. I have been on a similar journey for a while now. All I can tell you is that God is real, he does hear your prayers and he does answer them. All you need is to have an open heart. God will do the rest. If you can believe it, this is coming from a formerly totally convinced atheist. I do not go to church but I completely believe. Trust your journey.
The Spirit is all around us and hears our every thought. Ask for Its help and you will receive it.
Good luck and many hugs.
M.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Praying for you here too.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Janet, God is already moving in your life. He will walk this journey with you. I will keep you in my prayers.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
I'll pray for you, Janet.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)

Reactions: frugalfriend
1 - 13 of 13 Posts