Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everyone, DH has been having a hard time at his job lately, he works as a Head Boys Gymnastics Coach and has been doing this for over 20 years.

Everything started about a 2 weeks ago when a fellow co-worker got into a car accident and has been out of work since then, last week they got a "stand in" gymnastics boys coach to cover the other co-workers spot until and/or if he comes back to work.

Ok well this new stand in is great and came to help my DH with the boys program, lately they have been asking DH to do a cheerleading class and to just leave his boys to the new "stand in" .... he got angry and spoke to them about it and said "Look, my boys are my boys, I am not going to leave them to the new guy, they are my responsibility, this new guy came in to help me out as well as the other areas (cheerleading) in the gym that need the help as well".... yatta yatta yatta....

Well today (Friday) the office manager told him "If you dont do this class we will take that as a you are voluntarily quitting" I thought that was a bit extreme but he calls me at home at 6pm and tells me he's on his way home NOT A GOOD SIGN! So I am freaking out, thinking "I dont work, where we coming up with bill money, how are we gonna pay the mortgage?" I am totally freaking out!!!!!!! DH just came saying that he does so much for that gym with no recognition, he stays somedays 16 hours and since he's salary get's nothing, no overtime, just nothing.

I am asking anyone to please say a prayer and keep our family in your thoughts that DH will not leave that job and we will be ok, there's no other income in the home so I am freaking out. TIA!

·
Registered
419 Posts
My thoughts and prayers are with you. maybe he is coming home just for a change of scenery. Sometimes getting away from a situation before blowing up or doing something that you may regret later is the best. I hope everything works out. lots of hugs to you.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Tracy, I will be saying a prayer for your family. I hope things work out with DH and his job. :hugz:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yikes! Good Vibes and prayer sent your way. Hang in there.:grouphug2

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I am saying prayers and keeping your family in my thoughts, maybe he's just coming home to get away from there for awhile, it sounds very unfair what they are doing to him.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Sending good vibes to you and your family. I hope that everything works out for you.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Sorry to hear about this Tracy. I hope things work out for your DH and his job stays secure. :hugz:

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Prayers being said. Sending good vibes your way. Please let us know what is happening.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Sending prayers your way. :vibes:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
That really stinks. Twenty years of faithful service and they treat him like that. I will be saying prayers for you and your family.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Sending good thoughts & prayers your way hon :hug2:

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Hoping everything works out and sending good vibes and prayers your way, Tracy.

--Michelle

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well he called his boss today and asked if he still had a job and she told him to come in so they could talk/have a meeting.... he goes in and an hour later calls me to come pick him up, he told me they said to come back on Monday at 10:30am for yet another meeting.

He told me that is was wrong of them to expect him to drop his current class to go to do cheerleading and he is right, said he wants to make a point, that he isnt the only coach in the gym and he was in the middle of teaching his class.

I sure hope everything turns out ok on Monday, we cannt afford for him to collect unemployment which would only bring in $1200 a month yet we pay $600 a month child support, leaving us with $600 yikes, our mortgage payment is $882! I am sooooo scared right now, please keep praying.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Awww Tracy, try not to worry too much! :hugz: You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers today. I know you are very nervous and I just hope you are able to relax a little this weekend and the meeting on Monday goes well. He has been there 20 years, they must really count on him and need him! He is a very valuable employee after all that time invested and I'm sure they realize that and will work with him. Please keep us posted on how YOU are doing!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts