Frugal Village Forums banner

prayers needed

826 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  angelbumpkin 
#1 ·
for an old friend of 38 years. We use to do everything together.

He found out he has stage 4 cancer. Out of no where, Dr says looks like he's had it for around 9 years.

He's had blood tests etc every year, owns his own health food store, eats organic, I am in total shock, I don't even know what to say. We lost his sister 2 years ago, to cancer and yesterday I was upset about a cake. I guess I was put back in my place very quickly, brought to my knees is more like it.

What makes this even worse, this is my best friends brother.

Please say a prayer for Jack.

#3 ·
Pinetree, I'm so sorry! News like that really does put us back on the ground, doesn't it? But what kind of cancer can go undetected for nine years, especially from somebody who obviously took his medical health seriously?

Now I don't know what kind of cancer he has, but having just been thru it myself, I can tell you from speaking to other patients and nurses in the Chemo room, many, many people have come thru it...even at stage 4. I hope he contacts as many agencies as possible. Tell him to make a list of questions and inquiries, and encourage him to talk, talk, talk! There really are so many more options out there. PLEASE encourage him to take advantage of them. Remember, when it comes to cancer, they say that at least 50% of your recovery chances derive from not only a positive outlook, but a "willing to fight" attitude as well. That's why those contacts are important to the patient. It's like loading up their ammo. And we've all heard of people dying from cancer because they gave up their fight. I for one believe it completely!

Hoping he'll find the best help out there. He can even start with the searches on the computer. And that's where his family and froends can step in. Cancer can be lonely. Many people don't know what to say or do. Beleve me, there's plenty to do to help. Don't wait to ask, just do it! Being thought of means a BIG bunch too. If you can, take him out. Movies, lunch, the park, anywhere really. Having things to look forward to besides treatment keeps the heart happy. He's gonna find out who is friends are now. Hope he finds lots of them!

Sorry so long. It's a "voice of experience" talking..... and hopefully helping!

Theresa :)

#4 ·
prayers said. hugs to you and your friend jack.

Reactions: pinetree
#5 ·
mamamia, Thank You for the advice,

I wish we could be with him but we ( his mom, sister and brother) are here in colorado, he is in New Hampshire. I dont even know what kind (cancer) he has yet, I do know the Dr says he has half dollar size pockets covering his chest and stomach.

I read today that Michael Douglas has stage 4 and his Drs. didnt find it either.

I'm praying he will make it thru this. You gave me more hope.

#10 ·
prayers said !

#11 ·
Prayers, aloha and hugs for your all. I think this might be a good time to send notes, cards, etc through snail mail too - it's nice to hold love and support in your hands. Take care.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.