Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mom and I had been praying for a breakthrough for my daughter. She lives in an apartment complex and was paying $580.00 a month for rent. She is a single mother with 3 children. She works so hard as a server and some days she's lucky to make $30.00. She was always late with her rent and many times I would pay it for her because she simply didn't have it.

Recently, the manager of the complex called my cell phone by accident. She wanted to speak to Brandi. I asked if anything was wrong and she said no. She did tell me that she had 1 opening to reduce an apartment's rent down to $220.00 a month and that she had decided that Brandi needed it badly. She had chosen Brandi over 150 other people. She said that she felt that Brandi worked so hard and needed a break. I nearly fainted!! This was an answer to our prayers.

She now is saving $360.00 a month on her rent!!!! I can see a difference in her attitude and the way she feels about herself. Plus it helps out my budget too. Thank you Jesus!!!!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
What wonderful blessed news.

Reactions: Droppedonmyhead

·
19,119 Posts
WOW - this one really choked me up!! Thank you Lord!!

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Wow! Now that's great answer to prayer!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
thats wonderful
where does she work as a server that she ends up making so little ?
my 19 yo waitresses on a bad night my daughter clears 150 in tips where she works at night and a bad day is under 100 .

actually drives me a little batty because she needs money she just works an extra shift for someone who wants off and poof it can be 300$ in her pocket if she does 8-hours that includes a weekend night .

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thats wonderful
where does she work as a server that she ends up making so little ?
my 19 yo waitresses on a bad night my daughter clears 150 in tips where she works at night and a bad day is under 100 .

actually drives me a little batty because she needs money she just works an extra shift for someone who wants off and poof it can be 300$ in her pocket if she does 8-hours that includes a weekend night .

Wow. . .tell me where your daughter works!!!! LOL. My daughter works in a small town at a sports bar. It's a Florida chain, not national.

·
27,948 Posts
How nice of that manager to help your Dd out like that. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.