Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Oh boy ~ hope the DH doesn't see this...he will probably sign me up!

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Actually this makes sense. Most want to marry someone with the same likes and beliefs as themselves. And I think that this kind "thing" can be very extreme and if the person your dating or married to is not in agreement, well you could end being miserable and going nose to nose.

I know I'd not want to be married to someone who was an extremist about anything, anything but me that is. LOL!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah you would really have to be carefull trying to date preppers, or you would end up living in an underground bunker and eating MRE's for the rest of your life:laugh:

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
LOL! Well, you just might. We've a fellow out our way who is a bit of an extremist. Huge Army truck with political banners on the sides expressing his views. If you get caught by him and you're a kind soul, you're going to be there a long time. He's positive we all are headed right for an apocalypse, and I highly suspect that not only his waking hours but his hours in slumber are spent preparing.

I can't imagine a woman whose interests are fine dining, vacations and romantic walks on the beach would mesh with this guy. One would think both would be much happier with someone who holds their likes, desires and beliefs.

Makes sense to me.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
I would live in a bunker before I would eat stir fried crickets.
But a dating service-why not.
Speedy dating scenarios
Compatibility test
-solar flare
-economic default
-government takeover

-crickets
-meal worms
-roadkill

-MRE's
-10# cans
-farming w/ renewable services

Skill sets
-hunting/trapping
-sewing/cooking
-fitness level/first aid

Buzzer buzzes
How would they contact? Meet me by the 4th tree?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I could see some of the profiles:

Straight women wanted, must have at least 16 teeth, be able to cook roadkill, must have sniper skills, and enjoy quiet moments in the debris hut:laugh:

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
:crackup:

Woman wanted. Send pictures of your supplies and I will do the same.

:laugh:

Side note:
Okokok, not exactly like a singles ad, but I think you all know what I mean, the whole picture swap thing where if you send them a pic, they will send you one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts