Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure where this goes but was wondering if anyone had a price book for dollar general and family dollar for staples, like pasta, sauces, soups things like that. I want to start one with the prices of things like that so i know where to get it cheaper, dollar general, family dollar, local grocery store or the dollar tree! If you have one and would like to share the prices i would appreciate it!

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
I would probably be best to just start a spreadsheet yourself since prices will vary depending on location. You can list an item you regularly use and the price at a specific store.

When I did keep a price list this is what I did. After grocery shopping I would sit down with the receipt and plug in the numbers.

I no longer keep a price list since I basically shop around the edges of the grocery store and know the cheapest price since I basically buy the same things.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It's quick and easy if you hang onto your receipts and just record what you're bought organized by subject; it's likely you buy the same stuff all the time and the best prices will eventually reveal themselves. I use an old, old 4x6 looseleaf address book that belonged to my dad or grandfather, and use the alphabet tabs to organize.
Another good place to use your price book will be a warehouse store (like Sam's or Costco) as you'll be able to tell quickly what are the best buys and what aren't.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.