Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking in my local newspaper and the price of home heating oil is going for $2.19 - $2.29 a gallon. We live in PA. What are the prices like in your area? Do you think the prices will go up or down with winter approaching?

I'm starting to kick myself because we prepaid at $2.49 a gallon!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Banana,

Hey go to www.codoil.com and put in your zip code, for 18018 the price per gallon of oil is $189.9, we usually order from there and it's cheaper then anywhere else I have found.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tracy - thanks for the info!

·
27,948 Posts
I locked in at more so I know where your coming from. In past years I've made out well so I'm chocking this up to- my turn to take a hit.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have some good news. I started to flip the switch on my furance at the end of the heating season last year and just realized that we consumed a lot less oil. In 6 months we only went through 80 gallons of oil (that was for hot water only). Compared to the year before where we used 138 gallons.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A few neighbors were talking about the election and gas prices/home heating oil prices in general. They seem to think when the elections are over the prices will go back up. I've never thought of that before but it seems interesting.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
We have natural gas here and I have heard the same thing. I think it's wrong to lower prices because of elections. If that's the case they can afford to give us a break all of the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts