Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to hear from Prius owners. What do you love about your car? What kind of mileage do you get? Would you purchase another one?

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
A friend has one.........guess she likes it.........think her's was one that was recalled.

I do know that she gets worse mileage than I get with my Vibe....so I am happy with mine.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Ceashels has a prius - she gets about 45 miles per gallon. She loves her car, and I love my Highlander Hybrid - so we ultimately decided to keep them both. We are just making sure to set aside a very large EF reserve just in case of a future "out of warranty" part failure in the hybrid system.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I test drove a Prius, and one of the reasons I didn't buy it was that there were a lot of "blind spots". I was disappointed because I really wanted to buy one, but my vision is poor enough without adding that to the mix.

My next vehicle will be a hybrid or electric though :)

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
I test drove a Prius, and one of the reasons I didn't buy it was that there were a lot of "blind spots". I was disappointed because I really wanted to buy one, but my vision is poor enough without adding that to the mix.

My next vehicle will be a hybrid or electric though :)
I wouldn't recommend either (and I own two hybrids). Economically, they don't break even. Environmentally, they are not nearly as green as the manufacturers want you to believe.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I took one for a test drive a few months ago and it was ok. I was not impressed with the visibility, but I did like the Solar Powered Ventilation System though.

I just don't think right now that the gas savings will be noticeable for me to pay the premium price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts