Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever entered a contest and won a prize for a recipe? There is a dessert contest this weekend that a friend said I should enter, but I'm sure that none of my desserts are fancy enough.

I usually make the down-home type like crumbles, crunches and such. I don't worry a lot about presentation-I figure whipped or iced cream covers a multitude of sins! Somehow I don't think this type of dessert is what is wanted.

Any suggestions?

·
2,688 Posts
I have never done so myself.

Sure, go ahead and try :)
I'm sure your family won't mind eating what you think are mistakes.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha-you are so right!

I don't know if I will. I seem to be in cookie mode, and find it hard to switch gears to do something else. Oh well, I have until noon tomorrow to decide.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Go for it!

Sometimes easy/fast is what they are looking for..........what the heck...........all they can say is no.

what did the contest say? any clues on what they are looking for? Most festive? colorful? most frugal? what?

GO FOR IT!!

·
Registered
7,857 Posts
I haven't but my hubby did! He entered our small town's cookie baking contest, and WON! His name is Marty (unisex name) and the judge kept calling him - HER, and the entire audience would shout "HIM" it took the judge a while to figure out that the winner was a man :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.