Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car pool buddy were talking on the way home about the upcoming heating bill for winter. He uses fuel oil and I use propane for heat.
He is expecting to pay $4-5 per gallon this year.
I called my propane company and they say expect $2.50-$3.00 per gallon and thats if I pre-buy, which we always do to get the price break. I guess I will be turning the heat down further to (65) and wearing long underwear this year.:(
Hope it's not a cold winter.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Russ, look in your yellow pages, here in NY we have a program called CAFG (Citizens Action Fuel Group). It is a non-profit organization that you pay about $20-$25 per year to belong to. You can get heating fuel (oil or propane) for approx. 15 cents per gallon (or more) cheaper than off the rack type prices. We don't have to pay the yearly fee as my hubby was employed by the city and now he is retired, so they just send our check back each year.

Citizen Action Fuel Group (CAFG) is a non-profit fuel buying group that has been helping people save on their home heating fuel costs for over 17 years using the power of group purchasing. CAFG is sponsored by Citizen Action of New York.
This is from the site for New York, check your phone book's yellow pages, you may have a similar program.

HTH

Reactions: Russ

·
Registered
871 Posts
Up in the Pacific Northwest, we still have the heat on in the house. It's crazy, the weather just won't warm up for any length of time. I can't believe I'll have a heating bill in July!

·
Registered
10 Posts
We had to relight our furnace last night and just in todays mail comes our budget gas bill and it will increase now by 27 more dollars a month.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Up in the Pacific Northwest, we still have the heat on in the house. It's crazy, the weather just won't warm up for any length of time. I can't believe I'll have a heating bill in July!
We're in Washington state and it is definitely too cold where we are. My husband has been putting the heat on and I just flip out. For one, I don't want to pay to heat the house when he can just put on a pair of sweatpants. I'm also 8 months pregnant so it takes about 5 minutes of the heater being on before I start to melt. I thought this was normal weather up here?

I really wish we had asked to be stationed somewhere warmer. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts