·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 pork butt roast
1 cup ginger ale
2 onions (quartered)
2 cloves of garlic (whole)

put above ingredients in crockpot. cook on low for 12 hours. I do this at night while we sleep. In morning shut off crockpot, let stand for an hour or so. Remove roast, discard onions and garlic and liquid in crockpot. Shred the meat and discard the fat. Placve back in crockpot with your favorite bbq sauce on low for 4 to 6 hours.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Oh this one sounds yummy! I have never (lol) bought pork before, is it expensive? Just wondering if this was a cheap dish or not. :)

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
OMG this sounds soooo delicious! I might have to try this one day. Thanks for sharing :)

·
Registered
7,733 Posts
In our area at least, this is one of the cheaper cuts. I can somtimes get Boston butt roasts for as little as .99/lb, though lately it's been more like $1.19. I haven't done this for a while but how good it sounds. I don't use ginger ale, but use some vinegar in the liquids in the crock. Makes it nice and tangy.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I get the roast when it is on sale, I have never paid more than 99 cents a pound. I get ove around 7 pounds and it makes enough for my family of 6 to get 2 meals out of, I will freeze half of the pulled pork when it is done to thaw and reheat another time.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Mmmmmm!!! I'll have to try this.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I made this today - YUMMY!!! Started cooking the pork last night and we had it for lunch today, everyone loved it! We had three people eating it and have plenty of leftovers. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts