Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are carving our pumpkins this weekend, and pumpkin seeds are a must. Because I have a horrible memory, I have to ask every year how to make them LOL.

Any help would be most appreciated

Thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
2 cups fresh pumpkin seeds
1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons melted margarine or butter, or vegie oil
1 1/4 teaspoons salt

Wash seeds carefully to remove any clinging fibers. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Measure cleaned seeds.

Mix together Worcestershire sauce, margarine and salt.

mix seasoning with seeds and spread in a large, shallow baking pan. Bake about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally or until seeds are dry, crisp and golden.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I always intend to do something with the seeds as well as the pumpkin. Last year, the pumpkin sat in the yard until the birds pecked it to nothing. rofl They loved it. hehe

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mustang80 said:
Chelle, here's your yearly reminder, lol. :)
LOL thanks Danielle :pumpkin:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Pumpkin seeds?

Ok I am not much of a cook. I am trying my hand at making pumpkin seeds...

What is your recipe??

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
melt a little butter...or save calories and spray them with "Pam" add salt, bake until golden brown...then eat

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
eat shells and all or like sunflower seeds?

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
you can do it either way, but I dont like the shells

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Wash, soak in salt water, spray with oil. bake......

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Pumpkin Seeds

Anyone have any idea how to turn the pumpkin seeds into the snack format once harvested from the pumpkin? (aka I carved pumpkins and dont want to waste the seeds)

I have googled it and it suggests dehydrating them at 200F for 3-4 hrs :O THEN roasting with a bit of oil and salt.

Any other alternatives? I have them drying now on papertowels b/c I rescued them from the swamp of pumpkin guts! :laugh:

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I usually dry mine and then roast in the oven but I add a cinnamon mixture sprinkled over the top. Have also done some cajun ones with a spicey seasoning salt mixture.
If I just do them with plain salt, I make a trail mix with them added to raisins, wheat cereal, pretzels, M & M's, dried fruit....Just whatever is in the cabinets.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
I haven't had pumpkin seeds in forever. We have more pumpkin left carve and I am thought about saving those to make pumpkin seeds with.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I just bake them with old bay seasoning -- yummy! I'm going to try a few of these other ideas too!

I'm waiting til after halloween to try to get a few 'unsold' pumpkins for recipes :)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Pumpkin seeds

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas/recipes for pumpkin seeds? I use to eat roasted pumpkin seeds as a kid and I just bought my daughter a pumpkin ( On sale for $1!!) for Halloween an wanted to try my hand on making some... Any ideas?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Reactions: phoeny_moonstar

·
Registered
660 Posts
Awesome thanks! I will be sure to try both recipes, they both sounds uber delicious!! :pblow:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts