Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My brother has been on me all week about switching my electric service provider. DB is only 21 years old and still lives at home. Well, this neighbor of his has him all wrapped up in this get rich quick idea of .. if I find three people willing to switch and they find three more each and then three more, I'll be a millionaire before I reach 25!!!

I tried to talk some sense into him and explain the whole... its a pyramid scheme!! don't waste your time or energy on it. But he won't have any of it. I had already said no to his switching my electric provider proposal, but now he's constantly hounding me at work and home about switching and its like.. DB, please look me in the eyes.... I ain't switching.

DH says that I should just let him do whatever he wants to do and that maybe falling flat on his face and realizing it was a scam is what he needs, it just hurts me a bit to see him so wrapped up in it and actually HOPEFUL that he'll come out a winner and millionaire.

Anyone in here had any experiences with pyramid schemes?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Luckily I have not been a pyramid scheme "victim" but if you are explaining over and over that you are not interested in switching and advising him against it, maybe you do just have to let him find out for himself. As for this constantly bugging you at work, you just need to put your foot down about that. Good luck!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I agree, letting him find out for himself and the hard way might make him change his mind, otherwise he will continue to fall for these schemes. Bet of luck to you and him :)

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'm glad you aren't falling for it. I'll need a good shoulder to cry on when this is over.

·
Registered
579 Posts
i agree, but he should stop hounding you...

also just fyi i read that 11% of people actually include winning lottery as their retirement plan....some people dont get it

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
i agree, but he should stop hounding you...

also just fyi i read that 11% of people actually include winning lottery as their retirement plan....some people dont get it
Hey now, I plan to win the $100 in the lottery and use that towards my retirement! :p

Seriously, he needs to learn on his own and I've been suckered into many a meeting for these b/c I thought they were legit paying job 'cattle calls' - Uh no thanks! Shove it! :D

·
Registered
579 Posts
He needs to learn on his own, you have tried to teach him and he has refused. I am glad your not falling for the 'scheme'.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts