Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking to use coupons at the grocery store (which i 99% of the time do not use). i would rather have actual coupons *liked mailed to my house or something*, as opposed to googling online and printing them out... but beggars can't be choosers right.

can anyone suggest sites to get coupons sent to my house for free or printable online coupon websites?

also, how do you know if your store DOUBLES a coupon?

thanks in advance :D

·
Registered
816 Posts
You can write to each individual company to get coupons, but that is tedious, and sometimes they still email them to you. one way to get coupons mailed to you is to join a service like couponsbydede. she will mail you the coupon inserts from the sunday newspaper each week in quantities.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
coupons.com
smartsource.com
redplum.com

sunday paper has inserts also.

most samples come with coupons.

I would call your nearby store & ask if they double.

Most in my area do double. Publix, Kroger, Ingles, Food Lion all double up to $.50

Also ask if they accept competitors coupons. (including Target)

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
many stores in NJ dont accept internet coupons unless it comes from their own website due to internet coupon fruad commited about 5 years ago ( people saved to file a coupon and printed hundreds of coupons or free dishwashing det - each coupon was given its own code when printed 1 per person as was to be so stores were out hundreds of $'s because only the first with that # on it was accepted by the company )

there is a way you can look up coupons available and have them directly put on your store card
you go to website for store and usually there is a link for it .

otherwise i just get two papers and buy multiples of things i know i will use from ebay or other websites is i spend 10c and save 1$ thats actually a pretty good deal esp if its on something we are brand specific on for some reason

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
stores usually advertise they dbl coupons - once in a blue moon CVS will triple - most non grocery stores around me dont dbl

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Call your local store to ask if they double coupons, and find out the terms of it if they do (up to what amount?). You also need to double check they accept printed internet coupons- many places DO NOT due to fraudulent use. I myself like the 'coupon clippers' if I want coupons delivered. You can also look on ebay, but I have found unless you're getting specific coupons, the big 'mixes' have not been worth it for me. Just think- if you save $5 a week with coupons, that's $20 a month staying IN YOUR POCKET!

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I posted a list here from ehow I think of places that doubled, but it's out of date. Other sources for coupons are these websites (type using no spaces and add ".com" at the end) coupon mom, hot coupon world, mambo sprouts, also red plum and the other companies that print inserts.

Judi

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Couponmom is a great website to use. She matches newspaper and online coupons with certain grocery stores sale items. It saves a lot of time and energy to use it. I purchase the newspaper for coupons. Just make sure to purchase a newspaper from a large city, they seem to have the best coupons. Always check the paper to make sure they have coupons before buying. I have been short changed before.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Also, check out mygrocerydeals, helps you compare costs at your local markets, although they do have problems.

Last week, when I was there, the picture for broccoli raab was a picture of a takeout sauce container. Obviously, the person doing the website had no clue what the vegetable was and had no interest in spending 3 mintues to google it! I've been on/off the site almost since it started, and this happens a fair amount. The other frustrating thing about the site is that if the market has 3/$1 you can't specify only buying one. But it is GREAT for comparing prices!

Judi

P.S. They also do have some coupons, I forgot, that's fairly new.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.